Everyone Knows how important calcium is for the human body, because it is the basis of our skeleton and teeth. Therefore, it is necessary to always monitor the amount of calcium in the daily diet to eliminate possible problems with its excess or deficiency. To do this, it is enough to study what products have calcium in their composition, and what prevents and promotes its assimilation.
The Role of calcium for the human body
Calcium Content in our body is much higher than other elements, and is approximately 2 % of the total body weight. Its main share - 99 % - falls on bones, teeth, hair and nails. Therefore, it is important to quickly to fill its contents if there are not enough. What processes are involved calcium and why is it important its importance?
- Responsible for blood clotting.
- participates in the synthesis of insulin.
- Responsible for the construction of bone tissue.
- Normalizes nervous system.
- Responsible for alkalinization in acid-base balance.
- Strengthens the immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Participates in the synthesis of nucleic acids and amino acids, is part of the blood.
- Activates the activity of hormones and enzymes.
Which products have the most calcium
Despite the fact that today there are many drugs containing calcium, it is better to fill the body's need for it with a balanced diet. Calcium is mainly found in plant foods. It should be borne in mind that not all products rich in calcium, the body can easily absorb this element. Here is a list of foods that contain the most calcium:
- dairy: cottage cheese, cheese, kefir, sour cream, curdled milk;
- legumes, nuts, seeds: lentils, soybeans, peas, beans, beans, peas, almonds, sesame;
- potatoes, bran, cabbage, celery, asparagus, beets, radishes, skins of various fruits and vegetables, spinach;
- onions, carrots, green wheat grains, nettle, turnip, green vegetables, salad, cress, cucumbers;
- rose hips, oranges, currants, pineapples, peaches, apples, grapes, apricots, cherry, strawberry, gooseberry, blackberries;
- sardines, salmon.
The Ideal source of calcium is eggshell, which consists of 90 % of it. Frayed shell with the addition of lemon juice is easily absorbed and reliably protects against osteochondrosis.
Do not forget about the ability of our body to absorb trace elements, so you need to pay attention to the preparation of the diet. It is very important to include products containing vitamin D, magnesium, salt phosphorus and ascorbic acid, which are found in butter, yolk, fatty fish and vegetables. Not being assimilated, calcium is deposited in the kidneys and joints in the form of calcinates - stones. Also, a lot of trouble brings his overabundance in the body, which leads to the excitability of the nervous system, the development of urolithiasis, the formation of salts. In such cases, it is useful to drink distilled water, which dissolves the excess trace elements.
What can cause calcium deficiency
Consider the causes that cause calcium deficiency in the body.
- Sedentary lifestyle and insufficient physical activity.
- Wrong diet, including abuse of salt, sugar, alcohol, coffee.
- diseases of the kidneys, digestive system, thyroid gland. Pancreatitis.
- No vitamin D.
With a lack of calcium, the body draws it from bone tissue - its reserve, so it is very important to avoid a deficiency of this element and regularly consume products containing it. Often be outdoors and do not limit your diet to only plant foods.