After removal of the kidney, and it does not matter for what reason it happened (infection, injury, tumor, birth defects), be sure to follow a diet. It will help to restore the body after an injury and adapt the remaining kidney, which took on a double job, to new conditions.
this does not mean that you give up after the surgery. In the presence of a second healthy kidney is quite possible to lead a full life which will help proper nutrition.
Diet under one kidney: the basic rules
During the period when one kidney compensates for the work of the lost organ, you should do everything possible to not only help her cope with the double load, but also to preserve her health. A diet with one kidney will help maintain the health of the remaining organ. All food entering the body should be easily absorbed and not overload the kidney:
1. Liquid. In the day you can drink up to 1 liter of liquid. This will help the kidney to cope with the removal of toxins, but at the same time does not overload it with the processing of a large amount of liquid.
2. Salt. Its use should be reduced to 1/3 spoon per day.
3. Proteins. It is necessary to limit the intake of proteins in the body.
4. Carbohydrates and fats. The physiological norm of their consumption is preserved.
During a diet with one kidney nutrition should be a fraction, preferably 5-6 meals a day. In all dishes should to be the high content of vitamins.
Diet with one kidney is quite severe, but it is mandatory. From its observance will depend on the normal functioning of not only one organ (kidney), but also the whole body. Often its non-compliance leads to new problems, such as kidney stones.
Proper nutrition in kidney stones
The Appearance of stones, hard formations like crystals, depends on many reasons, the main one being it is believed the wrong food. What can I eat with kidney cramps, may appoint a doctor. Having clarified the cause of stone formation and their chemical composition, on the basis of the results, he selects a certain set of products that will become an obstacle to the formation of new stones.
Kidney Stones are divided into three types: urate, phosphate and oxalate. For each of them there is a special diet that determines what can not be eaten with kidney stones:
1. Diet for calcium oxalate kidney stones. This type of stone is formed with increased allocation of oxalic acid in the kidneys. Of course, diet for calcium oxalate stones prohibited foods rich in it. In nutrition with oxalate stones in the kidneys include boiled meat or fish, vegetable soups, bread, berry and fruit juices. The presence of oxalate kidney stones excludes the following products in the diet: fatty meat, meat and fish broth, canned food, poultry, giblets, smoked meat, mushrooms, lentils, cocoa, bread kvass, tomato juice, sorrel, salad, Brussels sprouts and red cabbage, celery, radish, green beans, beets, parsley, pepper.
2. Nutrition with phosphate stones in the kidneys. The food system in this case is focused on products with a predominance of acid radicals and large the content of A, B ,D vitamins. It is amazing that you can eat meat and fat, mushrooms, poultry and even canned food with phosphate stones in the kidneys. But the diet with phosphate rock in the kidney excludes products with alkaline properties: dairy products, egg yolk, nuts, most vegetables and fruits.
3. Urate kidney stones. Nutrition here is aimed at preventing the formation of uric acid in an increased amount. That is why the basis of the diet is abundant consumption of liquid (about 3 liters. per day).
When urate stone in the kidney in the diet banned foods rich in purines: canned fish, giblets, pickles and smoked, as well as some vegetables (beans, celery, Brussels sprouts, sorrel). It is surprising that you can drink and eat with urate stones in the kidneys dairy products, dishes from cereals and flour, oil (vegetable and cream) and even mushrooms.
Follow the rules prescribed by your doctor and keep an eye on my health!