Quite often during strong negative emotions we do not notice how we eat a large amount of high-calorie food. The cause of such emotional overeating can be any stressful situation: quarrel or excitement, anxiety or anger. Often, to distract ourselves from the problems, we switch to food. We tend to think that this will help to calm down and protect ourselves from the experiences. Food acts as a drug that allows you to relax and forget. If the person is bad, then it seems that after eating the delicious food he will be better.
But food acts only, until we its eat. When the food is eaten, it turns out that all the problems remain. Moreover, we are even more upset. due to the fact that due to stress I ate too much. Another negative experience will again be accompanied by the intake of high-calorie food. As a result, a person falls into a vicious circle.
Why are we trying to get rid of negative emotions with the help of sweet?
If only we could console ourselves in such moments a glass of kefir or fresh vegetables and fruits, the situation would not be so deplorable. But for some reason, we try to relax by eating chocolate, hearty cakes or fried potatoes. But there is an explanation related to human physiology. When we eat high-calorie food, which is a lot of fat and sugar, the brain begins to produce dopamines, which are a stimulant pleasure center. And the body under any stress will require a new portion of sweets.
From the point of view of psychology, such overeating under stress can be explained by the fact that a person in this way is immersed in pleasant memories associated with these delicious products. Perhaps when you were a child, your parents treated you to such delicacies for the holidays. Therefore, to return those pleasant feelings, you will use such Goodies. But it should be understood that these habits are sure to affect your weight and, accordingly, the figure. In our forces to protect themselves from such emotional gluttony.
1. Be able to determine when you are really hungry, and when "hunger" is the result of strong emotions. The habit of overeating appears from boredom or emotional strain. If you can recognize the real appetite, from the desire to eat under stress, it will help to overcome the problem food abuse. A person who knows how to control himself and uses food to saturate the body, and not to enjoy the process of eating, can be sure that overeating him is not threatened.
2. Try during such emotional breakdowns, eat not high-calorie foods, but healthier and most importantly lower-calorie food. For example, try to replace the cake berries with cream. This delicacy is not only tasty, but also useful.
At the same time try to provide your body substances that are responsible for good mood. Your daily diet should include foods that contain carbohydrates and fats. It's bean, the products of whole grains, fruit. Useful fats get from fish, nuts, vegetable oil. The lack of diet of these substances makes us vulnerable to stress and ultimately leads to overeating.
3. Don't stay alone. Try to always be surrounded by close and dear to you people who can support you. The more often you are left alone, the more likely you will again look for a way out of emotional stress with food. Make sure that all your partnerships have been established. Otherwise, they can cause another emotional breakdown.
4. Do not eat spontaneously. Tell yourself that you have chosen a treat you can eat after a certain time, for example not earlier than 15 minutes. This expectation is a kind of buffer between you and food. During this period of time, the desire to eat the desired Goodies may be lost, thus you can once again get rid of spontaneous gluttony. If you doubt that after a certain pause you will lose the desire to eat your tidbit, then try to make sure that no matter what food you come across. Remove the sweets from your desktop. Fat and heavy food should remain in the far corner of the refrigerator. Of course, this method will not always be effective, but in many cases will save you from spontaneous eating.
5. Be able to draw conclusions from what happened.
If after a hearty dinner, you ate a whole box of cookies, you probably want to forget about it as soon as possible. Try doing something different. Try to focus on your emotions. Realize that you are not relieved, but on the contrary, it became even more uncomfortable. If you do this with every breakdown, gradually you will learn to stop in time
6. Don't be too hard on yourself.
To realize the problem is not to blame yourself. That, that you will begin to scold yourself, will only lead to the fact that you again want to eat something to calm down.
Still on topic:
Morning after overeating