24 hour fasting for weight loss or the method of "eat-stop-eat" (Eat-Stop-Eat) was developed by canadian specialist in the field of sports nutrition brad Pylon. Brad has worked in the Supplement industry for quite some time to understand that most modern diets do not work or act in a completely different way than ordinary people would like. According to Pylon, anyone can lose weight, just apply the principles of interval fasting, and qualitatively change the diet.
Interval fasting for weight loss: justification
As a matter of Fact, the "eat-wait-eat" technique is brad's thesis, successfully defended at the University of Gelfa, Ontario. In the course of research, Pilon experimented with himself and his comrades, and also offered interval fasting to readers of his blog as a method of weight loss. As a result, almost 90% of the participants in the experiment got rid of excess zsira.
Clinically intermittent fasting has been tested by a research team from Israel, the results published in the authoritative journal Obesity are striking:
- periodic one-day fasting does not slow down metabolism, but allows you to save calories, and lose weight, dropping even the "stubborn" excess weight.
So, fasting "by brad" is one way to reduce the "arrival" of calories or, in other words, to provide lack of energy needed for weight loss.
- it's simple – you eat as usual, 3 times a day, but a couple of days a week skip Breakfast and lunch, and eat only dinner.
- On this day you can drink only drinks with almost zero calories – water, green tea, coffee.
This mode allows you to create a deficit of up to 3500 kcal per week, and ensure the burning of 500 g of pure fat. But is it all easy on the fact business?
24 hour fasting: pros and cons
Indeed, the EatStopEat method captivates with its simplicity. You can eat the usual porridge for Breakfast, soup for lunch and meat and garnish for dinner on normal days. No extra snacks or containers with "special diet food" will not appear on the horizon of your life. You will be able to go to restaurants, eat after six, buy street food and throw calorie counting.
- The Main thing – choose 2 days in week, when you can painless for themselves to abandon lunch and lunch, and eat only dinner.
According to Israeli researchers, this method of nutrition allows to obtain the majority of micronutrients with food, and can not be equated to harmful the mono-diet or restrictive diets.
However suitable interval fasting "eat-stop-eat" for weight loss is not everything:
- People who regularly use medicines, "tied" to the reception of food can not starve all day, because then they will have to do without medicines;
- the Combination of the classic "potato-bakery" diet with periodic hunger strikes can provoke gastritis. Gastroenterologists recommend eat 3-4 times a day, maintaining 4-5 hour intervals between meals;
- Not suitable mode and those who eat semi-finished products and high-calorie fast food. More precisely, hunger strikes will help to reduce the "arrival" of calories, but this will not be enough to burn fat, you will have to, after all, revise the diet and pay attention to vegetables, lean meat, fruits, nuts and "slow" carbohydrates of cereals;
- Starvation in any of its forms is harmful to those who have problems with emotional overeating, faced anorexia, bulimia, passion hungry low-calorie diets and other eating disorders. The reaction of the psyche of such a person to long breaks in nutrition can be unpredictable. In particular, clinical psychologist D. M. D. Riley writes that patients with all kinds of food dependence should give up all kinds of fasting, and eat regularly, in order to avoid a "jump" in anorexia;
- There are research data that illustrates that women athletes, especially those engaged in power sports, technique can cause amenorrhea and hormonal disorders;
- the method of Eat-Stop-Eat will help to lose weight only those who are able to control their diet after a long period of hunger. If you overeat at dinner, which follows a 24-hour fast, there's a special point in "brad hunger strikes" to lose weight – No.
So, the system is not suitable for all people, and before you start interval hunger strikes for weight loss, consult with a therapist, endocrinologist and gastroenterologist.
Recommend on Alphabet Diets: the 5:2 diet.
Fitness trainer Elena Selivanova – for http://www.AzbukaDiet.ru/.