About half a century ago people began to understand what omega-3 is and why take it. Later, when they began to make assumptions about the role of polyunsaturated acids in the process of weight loss, the interest increased even more. In fact, the concept of omega-3 combines more than 10 compounds similar in biochemical properties. Their peculiarity is that the human body is not able to produce fatty acids on their own, but for full-fledged work they are simply necessary. The only way out is to get omega-3 from the outside. That is, from food or pharmaceutical products.
Benefit for women
A Special role omega-3 plays in work of female organism. Useful properties of polyunsaturated fatty acids acids is as follows:
- help in the development and formation of the fetus during pregnancy;
- improve the condition of nails, hair and skin;
- prevent premature aging;
- prevent skin dryness;
- have a positive effect on the endocrine and cardiovascular system;
- relieve pain during menstruation;
- restore exchange substances'.
Note! Scientists have found that such a disease as osteoporosis is more common in women than in men. Omega-3 fatty acids can be used as a means of preventing this disease.
Benefit for men
So, the benefits fatty acids for women is obvious. If we consider further characteristics and valuable properties of omega-3, then why is it useful to take them to men? It turns out that the body representatives of the stronger sex is also not able to cope without these substances. They perform important functions, so must be present within the norm.
The Beneficial properties of omega-3 for men are as follows:
- activation of testosterone production - male hormone that increases fertility and libido;
- improvement of blood circulation – including pelvic organs, which is positive affects the potency;
- prevention of prostatitis.
Note! Every man should understand that omega-3 should be taken in the exact dosage specified in the instructions for use. If you exceed the permissible limit, you can get the opposite effect.
Use for children
The benefits of fish oil for the development of the child's body has long been known. It's about omega-3. After all, due to the high content of fatty acids fish oil is so famous. What he has an unpleasant taste, for sure, also many will remember. Today, there is no need to force the child to drink fish oil, causing wrinkles. If there is a need to fill the lack of fatty acids in the body, you can do pharmacy products in the form of capsules.
Beneficial properties of omega-3 for the body children:
- has a positive effect on the formation of bones, teeth;
- improves the condition of skin, hair, nails;
- restores vision;
- strengthens the heart and blood vessels;
- improves immunity, which helps to cope with seasonal colds and other diseases;
- improves the functioning of the brain, what is the reason of success in school;
- restores emotional background;
- improves sleep.
Note! Do not independently enter into the diet of the child fish oil. It is advisable to consult a pediatrician on this issue in advance.
Depending on gender and age, the daily dosage of omega-3 varies for different categories of people:
- for women – 1.7-2 g;
- for men - 2-3 g;
- for children – 0.5-1 g.
The daily dose may be increased By a doctor's prescription, but not more than 4 g. This value is the maximum permissible daily rate of omega-3 for a person.
If we consider capsules containing 1 g of the active substance, the dosages are as follows:
- for women – 1 capsule twice a day;
- for men – 1 capsule 2-3 times per day;
- for children – 1 capsule 1 time per day.
Note! Children aged 4-11 years, a pediatrician may recommend taking 0.5 g per day. This means that you will have to choose capsules containing 500 mg of the active component.
Take omega-3 capsules in children can not earlier than the age of 1.5 years. However, foods that are natural sources of fatty acids may be present in the diet child's. After all, to exceed the permissible norms of omega-3, using ingredients with their content, it is difficult to say the Same about pharmaceutical products.
Signs of shortage of omega-3 in body
Omega-3 deficiency in the human body is indicated by the following symptoms:
- the feeling of thirst that haunts almost always;
- dry skin;
- brittle nails;
- availability dandruff;
- protracted depression;
- Allergy in the form of rash on the skin;
- frequent constipation;
- muscle or joint pain;
- high blood pressure;
- excessive and fast fatigue;
- deterioration of concentration and memory, which is associated with the deterioration of brain activity;
- frequent colds, indicating decreased immunity.
At first signs of fatty acid deficiency should consult a doctor.
How to get omega-3 from food?
The List of products containing omega-3 is quite wide. It is worth noting that this is the only natural source of useful acids, the level of which in the body is easy to maintain by proper preparation of the diet.
List of products containing polyunsaturated acids:
- cod liver;
- sea fish (cod, mackerel, salmon, anchovies and other species);
- fish caviar;
- seafood (shrimp, crabs, oysters and others);
- vegetable oil origin;
- nuts, sunflower seeds, other seeds;
- vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli and others);
- fruits and berries (strawberry, avocado, raspberry and others).
As you can see, Omeda-3 is mainly found in most vegetable food as well as fish and seafood.
Making the diet to enrich the body with beneficial fatty acids, is familiar with the following guidelines:
- Season salads better sesame or rapeseed oil (you can also drink it on an empty stomach for 1 tablespoon).
- Consume flax seeds daily in the amount of 1 tablespoon in the morning before meals or add them to other dishes.
- Give preference sea fish, not river fish, as the latter is not high in omega-3.
- Introduce seafood into the diet, consume them at least twice a week.
- There are nuts (about 7 walnuts per day or other kinds).
Note! Using rapeseed and sesame oils, it is necessary to know the rules of their storage. Vitamins and other valuable substances will remain if the liquid will be in containers of dark glass in refrigerator. To make up for the lack of nutrients in the body, it is necessary to use fresh oil. It is not recommended to use it for roasting or baking products.
Omega-3 in pharmacy
In avitaminosis and in the case where the body has a strong deficiency of Omeda-3, it is urgently necessary to fill the lack of substance. To do this with conventional food is very difficult. In such situations, come to the aid of pharmacy means.
Fish oil or omega-3 is available in capsule or liquid form. It is most convenient to take capsules, so this form of the drug is most in demand. Thanks to its smooth surface, it is easy to swallow. In addition, it has almost no taste, so, as a rule, does not cause disgust.
Note! Omega-3 in liquid form is most often bought by young children, because they do not know how to swallow capsules and tablets.
How to take?
If you take drugs based on omega-3 to prevent disease, rather than 1 g of active substance per day (young children and enough 0.5 g). This amount of fatty acids is usually contained in one capsule. With a strong lack of these substances in the body dosage is doubled.
The Drug is taken with food, drinking large amounts of waters. Before using the product, it is advisable to consult a doctor, as well as to study the instructions for use enclosed in the package.
Note! If the drug contains vitamins D and B, polyunsaturated acids are absorbed better in the human body. Therefore, it is recommended to choose capsules with a rich content of nutrients. Another option is to take fish oil in combination with vitamin complexes, which will give the same effect.
As a rule, omega-3 is a safe substance that is necessary for the human body to develop fully. However, in some cases, taking fatty acids is prohibited. We are talking about the following States:
- period after surgery – fatty acids have properties to liquefy blood;
- injuries, bleeding;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- chronic kidney, liver and biliary diseases;
- active stage of tuberculosis;
It is Not recommended to exceed the dosage specified in the instructions for use, so as not to encounter side effects. Among them it is worth noting persistent hypotension, bleeding, allergic reactions.
Video: why it is useful to take Omega-3
Since omega-3 has a beneficial effect on almost all body functions, its deficiency can lead to unpleasant symptoms. This means that the lack of useful fatty acids, along with vitamins, must be constantly replenished.
To get acquainted with the useful properties of omega-3, you should watch the video.