Diet can play a prominent role in cancer prevention. To prevent cancer, it is recommended to change your diet in 2 directions:
- Make sure that there are as few carcinogens in food as possible.
- the Presence of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the diet for the immune system.
Nutrition against cancer
International Agency for research on cancer named 7 products that contribute to the formation of malignant tumors, is:
• smoked meat, fish, when smoked formed chemical carcinogen – polycyclic hydrocarbon benzopyrene, this substance in small doses is relatively safe, but has the ability to accumulate in the body,
• roast meat with a delicious crust, as well as any other fried products, it is especially harmful to use the same oil for frying again,
• nitrates, which come to us in the body mainly from greenhouse vegetables in the stomach to form hazardous substances – nitrosamines,
• the most popular flavor enhancer that can now be found almost everywhere – sodium glutamate is among the conditional carcinogens (this means that in the presence of other risk factors, it can provoke the development of the disease), it can also worsen the condition of an already sick person,
• excess of normal table salt (daily rate – 6-8 grams), all that no longer goes to the benefit of the body,
• trasn-isomers of fatty acids (TIC) – they are added in the production of mayonnaise, Margarines, cooking fats, which means that they can be found in chips, cookies, crackers, cakes...
• fast carbohydrates, most of them in refined sugar, butter, white bread – with frequent use violate metabolism, which also indirectly can cause cancer,
• the strongest natural carcinogen aflatoxin secretes fungus Aspergillus claws, and this fungus can often be found in ordinary peanuts.
Scientists believe that the reason for the increase in the number of cancer diseases in developed countries may be changing the diet, the transition from the traditional human diet includes a lot of plant fiber to the use of refined foods, as well as an increase in caloric intake.
At the same time it is known that vegetable fibers – provide the withdrawal of various toxins and harmful substances from the intestine, do not allow the processes of decay
Vitamins, minerals and other nutrients can delay cancer development, neutralizing carcinogens, ensuring the proper functioning of the immune system or preventing damage to tissues and cells of the body.
Researchers were particularly interested in antioxidants – vitamin A (especially beta-carotene), C and E, selenium, folic acid, vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc and coenzyme Q10.
Since the surplus of some vitamins may be harmful, doctors warn against overuse biologically active additives and it is recommended to adhere to diets with high content of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains, proteins obtained from lean meat and low-fat seafood, minimize sugar.
Many special anti-cancer diets attach special importance to vegetarianism. Indeed, even cancer patients who adhere to a healthy, nutrient-rich vegetarian diet tend to feel better.
Excess weight and obesity is also a risk factor for oncological disease. Experiments conducted on animals show that the lower the caloric content of food, within a reasonable range, of course, the higher the life expectancy and the lower the likelihood of tumors.
However, no diet has demonstrated the ability to slow down or cure cancer.
Patients should avoid any diets advertised as being able to cure cancer, whose supporters refuse standard treatment.