Isometric exercises are familiar to mankind for a long time. Eastern yogis used static poses and continue to do it in practice. The founder of this form of gymnastics is considered to be Alexander Zass. According to the famous athlete, it was these classes that turned him into such a strong man.
What is isometric exercise?
Not the amount of muscle mass is the main cause of strength: it is more important to have strong tendons. Isometric exercises are aimed at their development. After all, if a large bicep will not rely on bone tissue, its size does not matter. Unlike muscle mass, the tendon grows much more slowly and only when exposed to static stress.
The Meaning of isometric exercises lies in tension muscle tissue, but not stretching it. This is the reason for the growth of strength. During classes, the walls of the vessels are compressed, resulting in cells begin to experience oxygen starvation, which causes them to work actively.
The Advantages of the complex are:
- small training time;
- no need for expensive equipment;
- flexibility development;
- ability to execute in any place.
In addition, exercise does not cause fatigue, can not be said about other sports loads. Muscle tissue does not need a certain amount of time to recover, which means that you can perform such exercises every day.
The disadvantages of static loads include the need to control the whole body to achieve the desired results. Such training will have to be combined with dynamic loads.
Important! Initially, you need to support a coach who will teach you how to do the exercises correctly.
Complex isometric exercise
Features of the complex isometric exercises are as follows:
- before the beginning of isometric training, it is worth doing a stretch that will prepare the muscles and tendons for the upcoming physical activities;
- it is important to monitor your own breathing in exercise – each exercise starts on the breath;
- control over the whole body is also important;
- during the execution of isometric exercises need to increase the load on the muscles and tendons;
- initially, enough for a 3-5 seconds delay in one position, then the time increases to 3 minutes;
- correct technique isometric exercises at home – the key to high performance;
- if there is pain in muscles or tendons, malaise, occupation should be stopped at once.
Isometric exercises of Alexander Zass
Until now, the isometric exercises of this great athlete are the basis for each complex of this type of gymnastics. For their training, Alexander Zass used a solid chain, but it can be replaced by another thing, for example, a belt.
Here are some isometric exercises on system Zassa:
- the circuit is taken at the level of the thorax, it is necessary to try to break by stretching in opposite directions with both hands;
- inventory is put over the head, run forces, as in the previous exercise;
- the chain is pulled back, you need to stretch it, trying to stretch forward hands;
- one end of the chain – in the outstretched arm from below, the other – in the bent elbow from above, you should try to break her;
- the emphasis lay on the floor, the chain needs to stretch behind the neck, the ends to place in his hands, the exercises, like pushups with the upward direction;
- legs bent, the athlete tries to break the chain through the thigh.
The Complex of occupations consists of physical loadings on different groups of muscles.
Bruce Lee's Isometric exercises
Another legend his time – Bruce Lee. This role model boys in the yard is not only a talented actor, but also a real strongman. He developed his strength through static training.
According to Bruce Lee, it is necessary to start classes early in the morning, because only in this way it is possible to be charged by cheerfulness and energy for the whole day. If you train in the evening, you may start having trouble sleeping. Also, Bruce Lee recommends every time to ventilate the room in which classes will be held. Since breathing plays an important role in isometric exercises, the air must be clean and enriched with oxygen. The recommended number of approaches – 2-6 times, depending on skills. After each exercise, it is advisable to take a break for a minute to give the muscles relax.
Below is a set of isometric exercises using Bruce Lee's method. A few seconds are enough for each of them:
- standing straight, apply pressure to the top of the door opening frame, with elbows slightly bent, legs straightened, and eyes directed straight;
- without stopping the pressure on the frame, sit down;
- pull up on the toes to strengthen the calves, thighs and buttocks;
- stand up straight, with your back to the wall, place hands on waist, to exert pressure head on the wall (you can use a small cushion);
- turn to face the wall, similar to the back of the head, apply a few seconds of pressure forehead;
- press the sides of the doorway with your hands;
- sit on the floor, slightly bend your knees and resist the wall.
Anokhin Isometric exercises "Volitional gymnastics"
Anokhin's Isometric exercises "Volitional gymnastics" strengthen the body and increase strength. Such training helps to get rid of the big belly, remove stoop, eliminate back pain, which often accompany people leading a sedentary lifestyle. And all thanks to static loads.
To level your posture, you need to do the following exercises:
- arms are placed on the sides, shoulder blades are reduced, making efforts, the back bends;
- sitting on a chair, the hands start back and concentrate on the lower back, the back bends;
- fitting into the lock the hands are pushed back.
Back Anokhin has developed the following set of exercises:
- from standing position: hands on hips, body deflects ago, and then sharply bends down forward, simultaneously bends one leg in the knee;
- lying on the floor: feet slightly bent at the knees, shoulders slightly detached from the surface, straining the muscles of the press;
- from the standing position: the pelvis is slightly retracted back, knees bend, forming an angle of 90 degrees, the back bends, hands on the belt, then the legs straighten, and the back remains in tension for some time;
- the hands are joined behind to the castle and climb up to the shoulder.
- the palm against the forehead, the head is bent forward, trying to overcome resistance.
These exercises provide prevention of osteochondrosis, which often accompanies people leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Note! There are also special leg workouts developed by Anokhin. They are to Crouch on the toes, holding the chair. The back is kept straight. Around the chair to rise on his toes, straining with the force of a calf. Such training will strengthen the muscles of the buttocks and legs will relieve fatigue.
Videos: isometric exercises at home
Static loads can be carried out at home. It is enough to master the technique and learn the features of this type of gymnastics. How to do it in practice, shown in the video, which clearly shows the training at home.