Vegetarian Burger with African flavor. Yam – sweet potatoes with unusual elongated tubers, rarely used in European cuisine, but has excellent taste. Seitan is used as a vegetable protein.
In this Burger very little fat – the only component, in which they contain in numbers, this peanut butter. It can be added or not, according to your choice.
To do portion for 10 people, take:
– 1.23 kg of sweet potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes);
– 400 g. black beans (dried and washed);
– 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional);
– 4 garlic cloves;
– 1 teaspoon (with a slide) of dried and chopped ginger root or 1 tablespoon (also with a slide) – chopped fresh;
– 2 teaspoons cumin;
– 1 teaspoon of Spanish red pepper;
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper (crushed);
– 1/4 teaspoon cardamom;
– 1 teaspoon of salt;
– from half a teaspoon to 1 whole – Cayenne pepper (this is a very spicy product; put as much as you want. If you do not want the burgers were sharp, add a quarter spoon);
– 1 large onion, sliced;
– half big green pepper, cut in the same way;
– 70-80 g. oatmeal (natural or instant, but most importantly – unprepared);
– 40 g. seitan (vegetable protein product, meat substitute);
– buns for burgers (any, to taste);
– leaves of any salad (for example, Romaine salad);
– tomatoes and red onions.
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until soft. You can cook them in the microwave, but in this case, for aroma, pierce them with a fork in 2-3 places, checking the degree of readiness. You will need somewhere from half an hour to 50 minutes (they should be soft, but not lose shape and not fall apart).
Cool Slightly and peel the potatoes.
2. Puree: put the sweet potatoes in a blender, add half of the dried beans, garlic (cut it as small as possible), peanut butter and all the spices.
You Can make a puree in a mortar and using the pestle, not in blender.
3. Put the resulting mixture in a separate bowl, add the remaining beans, onions, oatmeal, green pepper and seitan. Mix thoroughly. The mixture should be cool, if you think it is watery, add more seitan or oatmeal.
4. Preheat the oven to 219 degrees Celsius. Cover the baking sheet or the surface of the oven with parchment paper.
5. Form a puree-like thick mixture into Burger patties (should get about 10 PCs., a little less than 100 g. per cutlet). Do not make them thicker than 2 cm.
Burger Patties should actually be round and the same size; if you want everything to be perfect, put the puree in a through round dough mold, and the top should be pinched hands, and, for example, a measuring Cup with a flat bottom.
Place on a sheet or baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes – they should be covered with a crust on the outside and remain soft inside.
Remove from oven.
6. For buns, place the lettuce leaves, then a ring of red onion, a Patty, and two tomato slices. Put the second part of the bun on top.
Burgers are ready, they can be served on table!
On training is spent usually 15 minutes, but on himself the process of cooking is about 1 hour.
This dish will contain (if you added peanut butter) 152 calories, 21 of which are from fats, 2.3 grams of fats, 0 mg of cholesterol, 285.2 mg of sodium, 388.1 mg of potassium, 26.2 g of carbohydrates, 5.4 g of fiber, 3.7 g of sugar, 7.4 g of protein.
Without oils get 131 calories and 0.7 g fat.