The Most common exercise to strengthen the muscles of the back is hyperextension, because with the correct technique, it straightens the spine, simultaneously develops the gluteal, lumbar, back of the femoral muscles. You can do both on the simulator and at home. Exercise hyperextension for the back helps to get rid of many diseases of the spine, benefits not only fragile girls, but also strong men.
Benefits and harms of exercise
Exercise not only works out muscles effectively, making them relief, strong, so that the body is visually transformed for the better. The use of hyperextension with the correct technique is observed in the following cases:
- for lower back pain – it is recommended to perform without weight, combined with exercises on the muscles of the press;
- as a point warm-up before heavy loads on the back (deadlift, etc.);
- to prepare the back muscles for training (relevant for newcomers);
- as a prevention of intervertebral hernia.
Note! To study the technique of performing hyperextension is useful for girls and guys who lead a sedentary lifestyle, because it contributes to the loss of muscle elasticity.
Lack of hyperextension – no use for muscle growth. However, not every person is important so result.
Contraindications of hyperextension include:
- back injuries;
- acute disease of the spine.
In some cases, a contraindication to exercise may be overweight. It is not recommended to do hyperextension and girls during pregnancy. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a doctor before proceeding trainings.
Is it Possible to do hyperextension in lumbar spine hernia?
Often patients ask their doctor this question. In the period of exacerbations from classes, as well as from any heavy loads, you need to give up. In the stage of subsiding disease training will only benefit.
Spinal Hernia occurs as a result of injuries, low-activity lifestyle, and can also be a consequence of complications of various diseases. Herewith the vertebral discs are deformed, and the soft contents of the nucleus begins to protrude. Most often, hernia develops in the thoracic and lumbar spine.
The Main symptom is severe back pain, which occurs due to compression of nerve endings by parts of damaged discs. With the gradual development of muscles with the help of hyperextension, blood supply to tissues is restored, it is possible to relax the affected areas, which leads to a decrease in painful manifestations.
There are several techniques and ways to perform exercises for back hyperextension. The best option – to engage in the gym on the machines. But if the time to visit the gym is not enough, you can train at home.
The Main types of hyperextension for the back, depending on the choice of the simulator:
- on classic simulator;
- Roman chair;
Men are suitable for training on the simulator or the Roman chair, while for girls it is easier to perform the exercise on the fitball.
On technology carry hyperextension case:
Techs run each hyperextensions with photos are described below.
In case of direct hyperextension the torso leans forward and the legs are firmly fixed.
Appliances run on the simulator or a classic Roman chair
To date, almost every gym has a simulator designed to perform hyperextension. It manages to swing back muscles, hips and abs. Instead, the simulator is allowed to use a Roman chair where the foot rest is adjusted according to height.
The Technique of execution of exercises is as follows:
- to go to the trainer, placing the pelvis firmly on the pillow. Its edge is located on the site of the bend of the hull. Legs at the same time rest against the rollers.
- Cross your arms over your chest or behind your head. It is important to keep the body straight.
- Lower the body down to form a 90 ° angle with the legs degrees'.
- Straighten, the torso again with the legs forms a straight line.
Staying in the starting position for a couple of seconds, you need to continue the exercise.
Note! In the presence of back problems to do hyperextension can be difficult. In this case, it is allowed to bend the body less than 90 degrees.
Similarly, direct hyperextension on the Roman chair is performed.
On a goat
Tilting through the goat is one of the ancient methods to pump the lower back. For this technology is used an appropriate sports equipment and Swedish wall. How to do hyperextension on the back? First of all, it is necessary to install the goat so that the legs touch the Swedish wall.
Note! For greater efficiency, you can perform hyperextension with weight, picking up a pancake rod. This will help to achieve faster results, but this method is not recommended for diseases of the spine, in which increased physical activity prohibited.
Equipment exercise the following:
- Lie face down on goat, placing on it the pelvis. Heel to get under the bar wall. Legs can be on the same level with the head or lower, depending on personal comfort.
- cross your Arms or lock them behind your head.
- movements are Performed, as in the previous case: first the body goes down, and then rises to the original position.
Note! In the absence of the Swedish wall, you can use the help of a partner. He has to hold his legs to prevent the body from swinging.
On fitball (recommended for girls)
For girls who want to strengthen their back without going to the gym, it is possible to perform the exercise at home using fitball. This will help not only to get rid of pain, but also to pump up muscles press. It is easier for girls to practice on the fitball at home than on the simulator, because the load on the spine when the body is placed on the cushioning ball is much less.
The Correct technique for performing hyperextension to the lower back using fitball is as follows:
- Lie on the ball belly down so that your feet are on the floor. In this case, the pelvis is placed on the fitball, and the rest of the body – in front him. It is advisable to straighten your hands, putting them in front of you to be safe in case of falling down.
- Lower the body down until the ball gives the opportunity to do so. Usually, the torso is lowered, forming with the legs an angle of 45-60 degrees.
- Climb up. Head and back form a straight line.
On the bench
How to perform lumbar hyperextension on the bench? It is worth noting that at home as the simulator can be used a normal sofa, because it is for this exercise is no different from the bench.
The Technique of performing the exercise on a bench or a couch is quite simple:
- Lie face down on a horizontal surface with your feet on it.
- the Assistant sits on top of the knees, and with his hands he must hold the heels. This will ensure reliable fixation of the feet on the bench or couch.
- Hands cross on the chest or have a head. To make the slopes of the body, as in the previous cases.
The reverse hyperextension is not a big burden on the back, so this technique is often used in front squats or the deadlift thrust. The probability of damage to the spine is minimal.
Before performing reverse hyperextension is necessary to establish the optimal weight on the simulator. Then you can do the exercise itself:
- Holding the handles of the simulator, set your feet between the rollers.
- Push the feet forward as far as possible and then return to the starting position.
Lateral hyperextension considering oblique abdominal muscles. First you need to install a bench at an angle of 20-45 degrees'.
Then the following is done:
- Take lateral position. The outer part of the feet is fixed under the rollers.
- Upper arm to hold behind the head, the second to place on the stomach.
- Lower the body down until the muscles are stretched from the side.
To Make a few replays.
Sometimes when long-term performance of hyperextension result is not visible. The reason for the lack of effect of exercise is the wrong technique. The most common errors are:
- large range of motion;
- making quick movements and jerks – it is important to perform the exercise slowly and smoothly to avoid injury;
- the weight is held behind the head, which increases the load on the spine – you need to keep it about forehead's.
These Are the most common mistakes that beginners make. Moreover, they often try to perform exercise with weights, what to do is strictly prohibited. It is important first to practice the technique, and only then increase the load. According to experts, 1 short hyperextension performed by the wrong technique is enough to get injured.