Dietary fiber – a substance that plays an important role in the life of the body.
Fiber is the walls of plant cells. We get it from grains, vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts and seeds.
And in the grains of fiber is in the outer layers, which are removed during cleaning. You can find it in brown rice, bread from unseeded flour and whole grain products.
Secrete 2 types of fiber:
- Insoluble dietary fiber – cellulose and lignin, found in vegetables, fruits, grains and legumes, a lot of it in brown rice, bran.
In the stomach and intestines, it swells and as a sponge helps to remove cholesterol and bile acids, as well as toxic substances from the body.
- Soluble plant fiber – pectin (from fruits), resin (from legumes), hemicellulose (barley and oats), gum
Absorbing water, it increases significantly in volume and takes the form of jelly. The stomach fills up, we experience a feeling of saturation.
Soluble fiber is present in black bread, oat flakes, legumes and most fruits and vegetables.
Nutritionists recommend to receive daily with food 35 to 50 grams of dietary fiber, which is not less than:three fruits, three servings (about 100ml each) of vegetables; four servings of bread made from flour, cereals, brown rice, oatmeal.
One of the main tips nutritionists for those who want to lose weight and normalize digestion – eat enough foods rich in fiber. It swells in the stomach, we feel full, and the body has to process its reserves of fat. But if your main goal – to lose weight, it is necessary to exclude high-calorie foods: nuts, dried apricots.
Plant fiber Use
- Reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Prevents formation of stones in the gallbladder.
- Normalizes biliary function livers.
- Slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and fats, which reduces the risk of a sharp increase in blood sugar, it is important for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Stimulation of bowel function and prevention of constipation.
- Promotes growth of bifidobacteria, which, as we all know from ads for all kinds of yogurt needed for the bowel.
- Protects against dangerous diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including shrine.
- Attracts and removes toxic substances, heavy metals, radionuclides from the body.
- an Overabundance of insoluble fiber may interfere with the absorption of calcium or iron. Basically, it happens if you abuse some kind of products, such as wheat bran.
- Another disadvantage of the abrupt transition to a menu rich in fiber is increased gas formation at first.
Still on topic: Siberian fiber for weight loss