In the last time interval running for weight loss has become very popular. That helped a lot of television propaganda from the doctor Agapkina and kovalkova, and constant work in the field of "interval popularization" from such glossy magazines as Shape and Muscle and Fitness. As a result, in most of the articles posted on the Internet, we read the same program interval running, and in the reviews surprised questions "Why am I not losing weight?". People were told that intervals are useful, but here's how and for whom – forgot to mention. Meanwhile, running at different speeds is a powerful training tool and not only for "pumping legs" as they like to write on bodybuilding forums.
How to run to lose weight: legends and myths
quadriceps and calves grow From running.
To get rid of illusions about it looking for in any search engine photo runner of sprinters. And, for comparison, professional bodybuilders, preferably in the category of "figure", not in bikini category. Of course, in the second case, the quadriceps and calves will be bigger. But you should not be afraid, even if you 2-3 times a week lift weights in the nearest gym. Professionals seek only pumped up legs...oddly enough, a special selection of exercises, alternating cycles of weight gain and drying and a special diet. "Imitate" all this in everyday life, continuing to work from 9 to 6 and having a bunch of additional responsibilities, frankly, very, very problematically.
Proper interval running for weight loss can only be practiced on the treadmill.
Let's just say, running on it is really much easier to track the intensity, quality and duration of training than running "in the fields", the nearest Park or stadium. However, there are positive reviews about interval running for weight loss and in the case of the track, and in the case of the "street". You can engage with no less recoil in the Park, the main thing – use a stopwatch and heart rate monitor. For the first time it will fit the cheapest and easiest heart rate monitor and stopwatch, which is installed in your phone.
Run, to to to lose weight, need to exclusively on the evening, only then is burned fat.
In the afternoon, allegedly, only muscles swing, and in the morning – heart strengthens. This myth from the field of "British science", Once in the news was information that the next test group running in the evening lost weight faster, but surely the experiment involved a lot of additional factors – some people just can not physically run in the morning, others lose their appetite after an evening run, etc. If you are serious about losing weight with the help of interval running, forget this myth "running in the evenings is more effective for weight loss", and train when it is convenient for you personally.
If you run, you can eat at random, still lose weight, because the body will create a massive energy deficit.
The truth is rather harsh to the fans eat sweets after the run. You can run as fast/long as you want, but to dispose of such an amount of glucose, which gives a banal chocolate weighing 50 g can only 40-50 minute jog with fast intervals. If in addition to chocolate in the daily menu featured more bun, fruit, juice, potatoes, and what else you eat there from fast carbs, far away from excess weight will not be able to escape.
The most promising in terms of weight loss with running medium calorie (1400-1800 kcal/day) diet, which contains 40% of carbohydrates, and 30% of proteins and fats.
- In practice, this means that for Breakfast you eat porridge, snack unsweetened fruit, and lunch and dinner with any lean meat, vegetable salad with vegetable oil/avocado/nuts and a small portion of the same porridge.
- Chocolates can return to you, but only in the form of mini-tiles on 10-20 g, and desirable – dark, with the lowest bones of sugar.
Interval running program for weight loss for the beginner
Most newcomers are beginning interval running with two wrong promises:
- Fat will burn if I just alternate running and walking;
- All training should be the same, you can develop the most convenient combination walking and running, and "fixate" on it forever.
The Catch is that "fat burning" can be considered only running at intervals in which you develop the maximum effort. For some it is a modest 10-12 km/h, and someone wants to fly almost at the speed of light.
"Maximum" – this is the force at which the pulse rises to the level of 80-95% of the maximum heart rate (220 minus "your age").
Only then the body takes energy directly from the fat cell, not from glycogen, as in normal operation. Yes, and then "happens" is not always, so completely replace the "Long smooth cardio" interval running beginners who, moreover, have not yet mastered the optimal power load, it makes no sense.
Interval training should be different, the only way you can avoid adaptation, and achieve optimal weight loss. At the same time for beginners "working" in the gym, and dealing only with exercises without weights, type callanetics or Pilates there are different approaches to weight loss running program.
If you train in the gym, this program is suitable:
- Run "intervals" on the day following strength training, provided that this training day was aimed to study the feet in isolation. For example, on Monday you train your Breasts and back on Tuesday "intervality", Wednesday work the biceps, triceps and deltas of the abs, back on Thursday intervals, Friday – rest, Saturday – legs. On Sunday you rest, and on Monday you start a new cycle;
- warm up run 10 minutes at comfortable pace. Then alternate 30 second sprints with 2 minute rest periods for 20 minutes, then slow down and do a "hitch." In the next training session, use wave-like acceleration. For example, after workouts are 100 m you go, 100 m jog and 100 m run almost at maximum.
If you exercise only with your own weight or do not do "strength" at all, the program of running for weight loss will be as follows:
- Day 1: alternate 200m Jogging with 2-3 minutes walking, work out 10 intervals;
- Day 2: alternate 800 m Jogging with 2-3 minutes of rest, work 3-4 intervals;
- Day 3: try to level fast pace run 5 km, if you can not, run 600 m and walk 400 m.
In any case, never run on heart rate more than 85% longer than within 30 seconds, it can lead to heart overload.
Train regularly, and if your goal is to lose weight rather than win the Tokyo marathon, try to gradually accustom yourself to strength exercises. Good luck to you and light trails.
Is weight loss running nog?
Fitness trainer Elena Selivanova – especially for http://www.AzbukaDiet.ru/.