Such a diet developed under the guidance and taking into account the recommendations of scientists, nutritionists, eases the transition to healthy diet and weight loss.
Who (world health Organization) Health 21 sets out the policy framework for the preservation and promotion of health for all in the European region and the experience of many international experts on nutrition and public health.
Who nutrition Pyramid: diurnal diet
- Fats, sweets, apply moderately. One teaspoon butter – a simple portion.
- Milk, yogurt and cheese group, 2-3 servings. One serving – a Cup of milk or yogurt, 45 grams of natural cheese or 60 grams of processed cheese.
- Meat, fish, poultry, legumes, eggs and nuts, 2-3 servings. One portion – 60-90 grams of lean meat, poultry or fish, 2 eggs.
- Vegetables, 3-5 servings. One serving equals 1 Cup fresh leafy greens, 1.5 cups of other vegetables.
- Fruits, 2-4 servings. One serving is equivalent to 1 Apple, orange or banana.
- Bread, cereals, cereals, rice and pasta, flour products. One serving is equivalent to one piece of bread, 30 grams of dry cereals or a Cup of ready-made cereals, rice or pasta.
Each of the food groups provides the body with some of those nutrients, which he needs every day, but none of the groups can provide them all.
The key point in this diet is the allowed variety of variations within one group or among different groups.
At the base of the pyramid – grain products, which provide the body with complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
At the next level – fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber however poor in fats.
The Following two groups are the main sources of protein, calcium, iron, zinc and other nutrients, but many of these products also contain a lot of fat and cholesterol.
Diet offers sizes of daily portions according to each product group. Your true need depends on your daily calorie requirement.
Nutritionists recommend approximately:
- 1600 calories for elderly people and leading a sedentary life of women,
- 2200 calories for children, teenage girls, active women and sedentary men,
- and 2800 calories for teenage boys leading active men's lives and very active women.