Smartphones and other mobile gadgets can serves not only for communication and entertainment, but also to control their own health. Especially in this direction has succeeded Apple, which has implemented a unique application "Health" (in English Health or HealthKit) in its operating system iOS 8.
Health App on IOS 8: features and useful features
The Health App is a single hub where all health metrics and fitness app data installed on IOS 8 are collected. It accepts the most different information:
- heart rate data;
- the information about the level of glucose in the blood;
- data on the number of calories burned;
- information about the steps taken;
- sleep and Wake schedule, etc.
The Health App for IPhone collects and processes information from any phone-integrated wearable sensors electronics – Apple Watch or fitness bracelet (Jawbone UP/UP24, FitBit). One of the main advantages is that it gives access to all information through a single interface.
Among other things, "Health" can not only store information, but also directly interact with applications (). For example, it can automatically send your calorie intake data to fitness apps. In General, "Health" is a kind of command center, regulating the operation of all health and fitness applications installed on your smartphone. You can find the necessary applications for Health and download them in App Store:
- Nike+ or Nike Running,
- MotionX 24/7 and others.
How to use and enter data?
How to use the health app? Upon in fact, everything is simple:
- Search among the list of applications icon "Health" (white icon with a heart is even in a clean system), click on it.
- If you are running the program for the first time, it is best to switch to the "medical Record" tab immediately, this will allow you to quickly create your personal medical record. In extreme cases, it will be very useful, because doctors will be able to quickly find out your blood group, past diseases and etc.
- After you enter all the necessary information: name, medical card number, desired medications, etc., you can go to the tab "Medical data". There you need to specify information about your diet, weight, sleep characteristics and T. D.
- Finally, the application has a section "All", where you can enter additional information: the level of pressure, bad habits and more
The health App on your IPhone will save all this data and allow you to use this information, even share with your doctor data about the state of your body.
The interface itself consists of colored tabs-widgets that show a graph of sleep, wakefulness, physical activity etc. (see the screenshot above).
To Understand the management pretty easy, plus it can always be adjusted to your habits and needs. The creators of Health have done everything to their program was able to understand each, so that the management is intuitive and simple.
How to connect your fitness band or application to Health?
In our opinion, the most interesting function of Health is importing and exporting data from one application to another (and aggregating them in the "Health.)" If you want to use it, follow the instructions:
- Open the app on your IPhone (e.g. MyFitnessPal).
- Go to settings and look for the item related to import and export to applications (in our case it is directly "Applications").
- Looking for Apple HealthKit, click "Connect".
- Go to "Health", find our application and mark the data, we are going to synchronize.
This is What the "Health" screen looks like, where we imported the data about the steps taken from the app:
How to track sleep with Health?
The app itself does not track sleep, but you can import data from apps into it. The best we believe: Jawbone (fitness bracelet monitors sleep and sends data to application when syncing) and Sleep Better from Runtastic – smart alarm from well-known developers.