One of the well-known directions of classical yoga is Hatha yoga: it consists of simple exercises, which in combination with the correct breathing allow you to find spiritual harmony, get a burst of strength. It is believed that there are 10 types of energy circulating in a person, and Hatha yoga helps to control them. Exercises should be performed in the morning, because at this time of day they will be more effective. Classes are so simple that they it is easy to master even for a novice.
Note! The word "Hatha" consists of two parts, each of which has a certain meaning. "Ha" is the sun, "tha" is the moon. According to another interpretation, the word "hutka" is translated as "filled with power."
Before you start practicing Hatha yoga, you should read the advice of professionals. They will help to make classes more effective and avoid possible injuries:
- each lesson begins with a warm-up, it helps to prepare the body for stress, warm up the muscles;
- all movements must be performed smoothly, sharp Mach and slopes unacceptable;
- the most important thing in yoga is attention control;
- when performing the exercise, it is important to adhere to the correct technique, otherwise it is difficult to expect a positive result;
- in case of pain, the session should be stopped, then repeat it the next day, if the pain has not disappeared, it makes sense to consult a doctor;
- classes should be held on an empty stomach (in the morning on an empty stomach or 4 hours after taking food and half an hour after drinking);
- night train is not necessary, because Hatha yoga is invigorating, gives a burst of strength and energy, so sleep can be hard;
- before employment it is necessary to air the room;
- when performing exercises, you need to breathe calmly and deeply, when you inhale, the spine stretches, and when you exhale, the body relaxes;
- repeat each exercise at least 5 times for maximum effect once, however, you do not need to overload yourself, if the forces do not allow you to make such a number of repetitions, it is enough to focus on your own capabilities.
It is Important to control their sensations. In the process of Hatha yoga one should feel comfortable. No need to forcibly stretch your back, trying to get to the feet. If at the initial stage stretching does not make it possible to do this, it is enough to reach a possible level. After the muscles will stretch over time and the body will become more flexible.
Note! All Hatha yoga exercises should be in a good mood and believe in the result.
a Set of Hatha yoga exercises for beginners
No special tools are required To perform the exercises. It is enough to prepare the Mat or you can do without it. Below is a set of exercises Hatha yoga for beginners. Classes are held in home conditions.
Posture dogs (the hill): Adho Mukha of svanasana
To do this exercise, you will need:
- put Your hands and feet on the floor. Your feet are shoulder width apart. The body should form a hill.
- Take a deep breath, exhale slowly. Keep your back straight. Pull your knees up and your head down between your hands. Relax your stomach. Transfer the weight of the body from hands to feet.
Note! When the body is in a position with the head lowered, in any case it is not necessary to raise it up, as well as to strain the neck. This can disrupt blood flow in the brain and aggravate low back pain.
Trikonasana: pose of the triangle
To Start doing the exercises, right posture of the dogs:
- Step forward with any foot. Hand, which is the same side, grab the ankle. Transfer the weight of the body to the opposite leg and raise the other arm up, keeping it straight.
- Stay in this position for half a minute.
- Repeat the exercise in the other direction.
At the end should return to the hill.
Uttanasana: slopes to feet
Get up from the dog pose by putting your feet together. Then you can start the exercise:
- Tilt the body down, touching the knees with the chest as much as possible. Palms rest on the floor, placing them on both sides of the feet.
- Relax the body. The legs remain straight.
- Stay in this position for half a minute.
- Return to original pose.
This exercise helps to stretch the vertebra.
Note! Since this exercise increases blood circulation in the pelvic organs, it is especially useful for women. Such slopes can be used as a prevention of gynecological diseases. In addition, the work of the spleen and liver is restored.
It is Not recommended to incline to the feet of people with a spinal hernia, with injuries coccyx, poor blood circulation in the brain.
Starting position: standing straight, feet together. You must do the following:
- a Little sit down with legs bent at the knee. Put your hands right over your head. Back straight. Fingers on the hands of seem to be directed upward, their fingertips deployed to each other.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Return to initial position.
This exercise helps to strengthen the muscles of the back, legs and the whole body, make the body more resilient.
There Are two ways to perform this exercise, but for beginners the easiest one is suitable:
- Lying on his back. Hands are on the sides of the torso.
- Lift your feet by touching the floor behind your head with your socks. Don't bend them at the knees.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds, relaxing the body.
- Slowly return your legs on the seat with a tall spine.
Note! If have newcomers on initially, it will be difficult to keep your legs straight, you can slightly bend them in the knees.
camel Pose: Ustrasana
To accept pose of a camel, need to do the next:
- Get on knees, feet on width of shoulders.
- Slowly tilt the head and body back, take the palms of the ankles. The back muscles should be relaxed.
- Maximum bending, stay in this position for a few seconds. Hips should not deviate ago. Breathing steady.
- Return to initial position.
Thanks to this exercise, you can restore blood circulation, stretch the back muscles.
Pose with clogged holes: Maha Mudra
Perhaps this is one of the most complex Hatha yoga exercises. It is done as follows:
- Sit on the floor, straight legs, and spreading them around.
- Bend one leg so that the foot rests against the thigh of the opposite limb. Tilt the body forward, lying on his stomach straightened leg. Grab the opposite arm and foot. Second hand wind back, wrapping it around the back.
- After inhaling, hold your breath and hold the pose for a few so long, as long as it's possible.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the opposite side.
Posture a crocodile: Makrasana
The Exercise is simple:
- Lie on your stomach. Hands are along the body.
- Remove head, arms, legs and chest from the floor. Raise their top as far as possible. Palms reach in the direction of feet.
- Hold for a few seconds in this position.
- Return to previous position.
Note! The main thing in Hatha yoga is the ability to relax. Without this it is impossible to feel the result of the exercises.
Shavasana: pose "dead man"
This exercise relaxes everyone the muscles of the body that gives them the opportunity to relax. Usually I do Shavasana at the end of a set of exercises.
Do it as follows:
- Lie on the floor belly up, stretch your legs and arms at the sides. Slowly relax every muscle in the body. Keep breathing calm and even.
- Desirable to try to throw all the thoughts out of my head, listening to your own feelings.
In Addition to exercise, the overall result is influenced by proper breathing. In Hatha yoga there are several types of it.
Sit-legged, hands placed on the knees. Close your eyes, straighten your back, take a deep breath, completely releasing the air from your lungs. Pull the stomach, lift the chest and stay for a couple second. Slowly inhale, filling your lungs with air.
Slowly inhale air through your nose, then exhale, clenching his lips and puffing out his cheeks. When exhaling, air should be released in portions, including the diaphragm, the muscles of the press.
Slowly take a breath, filling your stomach with air. The main concentration on the navel area. To breathe out, lowering the belly. It is necessary to try that the chest does not take part in the process of breathing.
Lying on back, do the breath, raising hands over head. Hold your breath for a few seconds, take your feet off the floor and bend at the knees, pull to the stomach. To cover hands feet and sharply exhaling, uttering ha."
Performing the Hatha yoga exercises, after a while you can see the first results. In General, the benefits of classes are as follows:
- increased joint mobility;
- restoration of the digestive system;
- normalization of blood circulation;
- restore the functions of the endocrine system.
Any of the exercises do the body is more flexible and physically fit.
As a rule, Hatha yoga has only a positive effect on the human body, restoring the work of internal organs. However, in some cases, the occupation is required to stop. If you feel discomfort or pain, you do not need to continue the exercises, otherwise you can harm yourself.
Video: Hatha yoga for beginners