Spring Christians expect great events – Strict office. At this time, it is customary to improve, to be more humble in the soul and less selective – in food. Especially for you, we have compiled a food calendar in the Great post-menu read below!
Great post: what can and can't eat
The Main ban, the generalized on each of forty eight days office – so-called skoromnaya food: meat, fish, eggs, milk and various dairy products. The only vegetable oil is used, in any case, not the animal origins.
Otherwise, adhere to the following rules of supply:
- dry eating. This is, in fact, the use of food that has not undergone heat treatment and not flavored with oil. During dry eating eat bread, salt, raw or fermented vegetables, fruits, dried fruits (raisins, figs, dried apricots, dates and so on.), nuts, honey, greens. Drink, as a rule, only water or decoctions of herbs instead of usual tea, coffee and compotes'.
However, even among the clergy, there is no consensus on who should adhere to such a scheme of taking meals and what specific restrictions should be adopted. Some believe that during this period you can still eat boiled or baked vegetables, drink the usual teas. In addition, the rigor and asceticism of dry eating was practiced mainly by representatives of monasticism, and not by ordinary laity.
In short, such a step should be taken carefully, having consulted before it both with the doctor, and with the Confessor;
- cooking hot food without oil. During this period, it is allowed to eat a variety of stewed, baked, boiled or fried in a dry pan dishes. Porridge and soups are encouraged, especially mushroom, which are well saturated and enrich the body with the necessary trace elements. Familiar vegetables, fruits, herbs, honey and nuts are also an integral component of the meal;
- use of vegetable oil and guilt. As a rule, such relaxation is typical for Saturday and Sunday. The number of ways of food processing increases, frying is allowed.
Remember, However, that excessive greasy, hearty food is not encouraged by the rules of the post. The wine can be consumed once a day and no more than 200 ml – exclusively for health. Welcome dilution of the drink with hot water, and even its exclusion from the diet.
Great post: menu on weeks
According to the generally accepted Church Statute, the first and last week of fasting is particularly strict in the calendar of meals.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of the first week is recommended not to eat at all. However, since complete abstinence for three days is difficult for many, on Tuesday and Thursday you can afford a sufficient portion of bread with salt (about 350 grams, as well as water, kvass or tea).
On Wednesday practice dry eating, on Friday – eat hot food without oil and salt. Saturday is the most diverse in the composition of the products included in the food plan – you can eat boiled, baked dishes, oil, if desired, drink 200 ml of wine.
The Second – the sixth weeks
Food Rules for these weeks are the same and therefore easy to remember:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday – dry eating
- Tuesday and Thursday – hot dishes without oil
- Saturday and Sunday – thermally processed food, oil, wine
There are, however, some exceptions, confined to holidays:
- in environment the second weeks permitted hot food
- on Monday of the third week – hot dishes, wine, oil
- 4th April (Lazarus Saturday) allowed ROE and the 5th and 7th April (palm Sunday and the Annunciation respectively) you can eat fish
Monday and Wednesday, the Church recommends shoedini in Tuesday – the feast of the Annunciation – one meal consisting of a hot dish, oil and wine is allowed. Thursday allows a hot dish without oil, and Friday passes under the sign of abstinence from food. On Saturday, many believers also do not eat, waiting for Easter, but those who do not have enough strength, can eat bread with vegetables or a few dried fruits.
Of Course, the main purpose of Church abstinence is spiritual purification, but you can also do weight loss in Lent: diet menu, which compatible with food calendar, you will find here. If, on the contrary, you do not want to lose weight, worry about muscle mass or nutrition of the child – go to this link.