To maintain health in excellent condition, a person needs to eat foods containing iron and other compounds, since this trace element plays an important role in strengthening the body. Healthy and strong bones, teeth and hair, good blood circulation, rapid metabolism and, of course, a strong immune system – all this implies the presence of iron in the human body in the necessary number.Content:
1. What you need iron for. The symptoms of its deficiency
2. What products contain iron
3. Iron content in various products. Table
4. What symptoms are in excess
5. How much iron is needed for a woman
6. Any products help to assimilate the substance as well as possible
It has Long been established that a woman needs in this substance a lot more than a man, because a certain amount of it inevitably is consumed during menstruation. Therefore, it is important to obtain this trace element in the required amount, especially if you follow a particular diet. In other words, you need to have iron-rich foods in your diet.
What iron is needed for. The symptoms of its deficiency
Most of this trace element is involved in the production of hemoglobin in the blood, and therefore it can be concluded that the substance is essential to maintain the normal operation of almost all systems of the body and for the supply of internal organs and tissues. If a person has a lack of iron, then the blood simply can not tolerate a huge dose of oxygen, and as a result, there will be the following symptoms:
- constant fatigue, lethargy,
- inability to engage in sports, physical activities to the full,
- difficulty concentrating,
- dry skin.
Simply put, man with low hemoglobin/iron levels in the body, it will be difficult to maintain even normal daily activity.
Iron is a part of such a protein substance as myoglobin, which scientists and doctors call a kind of "oxygen" battery of our body. Thanks to this protein creates a reserve of forces of the respiratory system. In addition, certain compounds are cytochromic elements involved in the oxidation process – which, in fact, leads to power generation to maintain all internal systems.food with iron content
Also considered trace element plays an important role in the recovery, renewal of the body. Due to leukocytes, hydrogen peroxide is formed, which destroys harmful substances, and to prevent its toxic properties from damaging the organs, some iron compounds neutralize it.
How much iron is needed for women
- Any woman who does not exercise should consume approximately 15 to 18 mg per day (see infographic below).
- But for those who constantly practice intensive physical training (fitness, etc.), the dose should be increased by about 30 percent, i.e. the need for a trace element will be 25 mg.
What products contain iron
List all items that contain considerable amounts of iron:
- Red meat, as mentioned above. This and pork, and beef, also bird (Turkey, duck), rabbit meat, veal.
- Liver (pork, beef, and duck)
- Yolk (chicken egg)
- Snails, some edible species of oysters, clams
- Whole oatmeal (i.e. grits that are derived from unprocessed oats) and buckwheat, beans
- Mackerel and pink salmon
- Apples, pears, plums, grapes, pomegranates, apricots, peaches
- Walnut nut
Iron Content in various products. TableSource of iron in products
What foods help as well to learn the matter
In order for iron to be very well received by the body, it is necessary to consume foods rich in vitamin C, as well as folic acid. Where are these vitamins:
- Folic acid should be "seek" in leaves salad, sorrel and other such products.
- As for the well-known vitamin C, the list of fruits and vegetables containing it is quite impressive: Apple, citrus and kiwi, greens and berries, green vegetables. It is useful for the absorption of iron-containing products to drink orange juice or grapefruit during meals.
But tea, coffee and milk along with kefir and ryazhenka is not very it goes well with iron-containing products, as have in its composition calcium, which poorly "friends" with iron.
What are the symptoms are in excess of
Too many iron in body, too, should not be, otherwise this may lead to diseases Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. Here are the main signs of oversupply:
- whites of their eyes painted in yellowish hue, as well as the face
- Pale skin
- Enlarged liver, bloating
To determine whether there is a lot or little iron in the body, it is necessary to make a complete medical examination, including a biochemical blood test.