Flounder is a flat-shaped sea bottom fish with one-sided eyes. It feeds on the bottom inhabitants of the seas, including crustaceans. Tender, white and juicy meat has a pleasant taste and rich nutritious composition, thanks to which the fish has beneficial properties for the human body.
Flounder is approximately 80 % water and 20 % protein. It is protein that is the main building material for the body, the presence of which depends on the state of health in General. Flounder protein is digested much easier and faster than meat protein. Fish contains a wide range of valuable nutrients and vitamins in its composition, such as:
- vitamins C, A, D, C, E, PP and b groups;
- mineral elements: sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, iodine, calcium, copper.
It is in flounder that selenium, rarely found in nature, is present. In addition, the amount of pyridoxine and Pantothenic acid, it is much superior to other fish species products'. The fish contains a large number of amino acids, including omega-3 fatty acid. Nutritional value is presented in the following composition:
- proteins – 18,9 g;
- fats – 1,2 g;
- cholesterol – 48 mg;
- ash – 1.3 g;
- unsaturated fatty acids – 0.3 g.
The Flounder is perfectly balanced and at the same time low-calorie product in which only 90 kilocalories per 100 g. This allows the use of fish in many diets. Her fat is not deposited on the figure, so it is very popular among those wishing to lose weight.
Low calorie, high content of easily digestible protein allows you to include fish in the diet of children.
There is no connective tissue in the flounder, so it is quickly absorbed by the body without unnecessary energy consumption. Overestimate the beneficial properties of this fish is very difficult, with regular use, it is able to solve many health problems.
- Due to the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids, flounder consumption prevents the development of heart attack and atherosclerosis, helps to control cholesterol levels, reducing it.
- Being a record holder in the amount of phosphorus, the use of this product has a positive effect on the condition of teeth, skin, restores hair structure and promotes faster healing of wounds. Due to the phosphorus strengthens bone that helps fractures the process of bone healing.
- Large iodine content helps in work of the thyroid gland, increases its efficiency.
- With the help of omega-3 fatty acid, it is possible to prevent the occurrence of cancer.
- Among all fish products flounder is in the first place in its properties in the fight against cancer. Its constituent substances inhibit cancer cells.
- Helps in the treatment of upper respiratory disease, including bronchitis and infectious diseases.
- the Use of this product increases the protective functions of the body, strengthens the immune system, increases hemoglobin, performance, mental activity and protects the body from the harmful effects of many external factors. All this leads to the elimination of stress and chronic fatigue.
- Balanced fish composition plays a big role in the process of weight loss, helping not only to get rid of excess weight, but also to keep the achieved results.
- Has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- The entry of potassium strengthens muscle tissue and supports the nervous system.
- Used for rapid muscle building by supporters of a healthy diet.
- Takes an active part in the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, accelerates metabolism in the body.
- Eating flounder provides stimulating effect on sexual activity of men and women. This is especially important for people experiencing problems in the sexual sphere.
- Fish does not cause allergies and therefore can be widely used in diet.
- it is Included in the composition of health therapy after severe diseases, as well as during the course of chemotherapy, increasing its effectiveness.
Useful properties caviar
Significant benefits for the body is not only the fish itself, but also its caviar, which has a high energy and biological value. The maximum benefit of caviar brings in the event of iodine deficiency, as well as anemia. Due to the high amount of iron is recommended to include it in the children's menu. The only contraindication for use is the presence of allergies, in other cases it is completely safe.
Despite the benefit of flounder and the absence of contraindications both fried and boiled, in some cases it can harm the body and have a negative impact. It is not recommended to eat fish in the following cases:
- in the presence of allergies to fish meat and its protein components;
- in kidney and liver diseases should be carefully dosed flounder consumption due to the large amount of protein;
- flounder is able to accumulate a heavy metal, so you should be careful about its acquisition, stopping the choice of proven environmentally friendly places;
- in order to avoid infection with helminths, it is not recommended to use raw and semi-raw product;
- in the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system is not recommended to use flounder smoked and salted vide;
- personal intolerance of this type of meat.
Application in cosmetology
Flounder is recommended for use by cosmetologists in order to restore hair health in the presence of breakage and dandruff. Fish helps to strengthen the hair bulb and make the skin more elastic. Collagen, produced from flounder, is used in many cosmetics and is considered more effective in comparison with other source.
Caviar is used in a variety of creams, masks that improve skin color, rejuvenate and tone, make the skin more elastic.