Festive table according to Russian traditions should break from a variety of dishes. And mostly it's heavy fatty foods, salty and spicy. Plus a large amount of alcohol consumed further loads the body and... stimulates the appetite.
The Results of such celebrations, especially if they were delayed for a few days, visible on the face and the figure. But more serious can be the consequences of festive celebrations for health. The gastrointestinal tract does not have time to digest this amount of food. Doctors even have a special name – "Christmas bulimia". How to help the body unload after the new year holidays?
Symptoms of digestive disorders
- rumbling in the stomach, flatulence,
- unpleasant taste in the mouth, tongue,
- possibly diarrhea or constipation,
- discomfort in the upper half belly,
- the consequence of enzymatic insufficiency may be, oddly enough, an increase in appetite, since the absorption of nutrients is impaired.
The Presence of even some of the above symptoms will tell you that the body can not cope with the load and it's time to move on to a gentle diet, which will help digestive system recover after holidays.
Especially it is difficult for the pancreas, it must produce both enzymes and hormones involved in the absorption of glucose by the body, which continuously enters the bloodstream for many hours of feasts. The result may even be inflammation of the pancreas – pancreatitis. In this case, you have to go from the holiday table straight to the hospital.
Who is at risk?
- children who have just not had time to form completely digestive tract,
- elderly people, enzyme production decreases with age,
- people with diseases of the digestive system (and there are many).
Unloading diet after holidays
Of Course, when unloading after the holidays it is necessary to reduce the amount of food. There are a little, but often (preferably every 3 hours). Don't starve. When fasting constipation is possible as well as bowel clogged with protein foods, there will begin the processes of decay.
For women useful in such days will vegetarian diet, or at least reduce the amount of meat to a minimum.
Totally abstain from salted and smoked, spicy, fatty and fried, sweets, fresh pastries. And also from carbonated drinks, especially in cold form.
It is Better to limit the use of coffee and tea. Limit bread, it is better to use it dried.
Necessarily drink water and to drink plenty of fluids.
Vegetables and fruits, cereals containing plant fiber needed for maintain normal intestinal microflora and stimulation of his motor skills.
But with digestive disorders it is better to eat vegetables and fruits in processed form (boiled, stewed, compotes).
Cereal is better to boil water, or even milk mixed with water.
For purification and discharge of the gastrointestinal tract useful oatmeal, welded on water.
In case of constipation, it is necessary to use prunes, dried apricots, figs. Other tips on food for constipation.
- In order to help the body recover, you can drink a few days enzyme preparations: Mezim, festal, if you have low acidity – panzinorm.
- to Help to cope with stress liver can taking drugs such as tykveol, not cholagogum.
If the holidays you went over with salty, in order to unload the kidneys and remove excess liquid can be 2-3 days to drink diuretics: urological (diuretic) collection, or a decoction of cranberry leaf, cranberry infusion.