Protein Intake is limited in kidney disease, as toxins are formed during its absorption by the body, which should remove the kidneys.
In kidney disease can not "sit" on any diet for weight loss (low-calorie diets). With a lack of calories begin to "burn" their own proteins. As a result, a low-protein diet becomes meaningless.
Some studies show that strict adherence to diet, severely limiting protein intake, may slow down or prevent kidney disease. This is especially true for those who have kidney disease developed as a result of diabetes.
Studies show that diabetics who follow a diet that maintains blood glucose levels within a strict framework may slow down or stop progressive renal disease.
Special restrictive diets for the kidneys can also reduce the load on diseased organs, help maintain the balance of body fluids and chemicals and prevent the accumulation of waste (toxins).
It would be best if a diet for kidney disease will be chosen for you by the physician individually, but they all like typically, include the following restrictions:
- animal proteins: not more than 1 gram per kilogram of body weight per day,
- potassium: not more than 2 grams per day,
- phosphorus: not more than 1 gram per day,
- sodium: in case of progressive kidney disease – no more than 2 grams per day.
Calcium supplementation (1500 mg per day) is recommended to prevent bone weakness – this process often accompanies kidney disease. Resolved in kidney failure in almost any quantity of unsalted vegetarian soups. But in any case, the diet for kidney patients should be balanced. It is very important to adhere to a special diet and diet. We can not assume that some elements could not be excreted by the kidneys, which is why there are a number of products and dishes that are not included in the diet for kidney diseases.
Prohibited in diseases kidneys:
- Pepper, mustard, and spicy seasonings – essential oils, irritate the kidneys.
- Meat, fish and mushroom broths.
- Fatty meats and fish.
- , smoked Salt,, canned food, sausages, cheese – are not permitted due to the high salt content. Salt in food can be replaced with lemon juice, cranberries.