Today many people suffer from gallbladder diseases. And often there are situations when surgery is required to completely remove the affected organ. This is followed by a long process of rehabilitation with the need for proper nutrition. After surgery to remove the gallbladder by laparoscopy or laparotomy, you need to follow a diet number 5, but not everyone knows what ingredients are included in the list permitted and prohibited products.
General principles of nutrition after gallbladder removal
After surgery, you must follow the doctor's recommendations exactly, so as not to harm the body and not to get complications. Returning to the ward after laparoscopy, it is forbidden to drink water for 4 hours, and only then allowed to rinse the mouth with decoctions of herbs.
In accordance with a diet after removing the gallbladder on the first day, you can drink a small amount of water without gas or a decoction of rose hips. And only after 36 hours gradually begin to introduce food. They should be low-fat, steamed or boiled. Fractional food is welcome, so as not to burden the digestive system.
Note! Treatment table №5 after removal of the gallbladder has a daily caloric content 2 150 – 2 450 kcal. Postoperative diet number 5 involves the use of a day 250g carbs, 70 g fat (30 g – vegetable), 85 g of protein (half of which is protein of animal origin).
First 3 days
In the first 3 days after surgery, it is recommended to drink unsweetened tea, jelly, herbal decoctions, kefir with a low percentage of fat. The daily rate of liquid is 1.5 liters.
Then in the first month of diet after removal gall bladder in the diet gradually introduced light frayed soups and porridge, apples, protein omelet, boiled fish, meat puree, mashed potatoes, pumpkin or beet juice, biscuits, crackers, stale bread. It is allowed to use 1 teaspoon of sour cream or butter per day. After a month of a gentle diet after removal of the gallbladder, the patient will feel that he is on the mend.
In 3 months
After 3 months of diet №5 after removal the gall bladder by laparoscopy should focus on proteins. In this regard, it is recommended to include in the menu a large amount of meat, fish, seafood, which helps to liquefy the bile. Also, vegetables and fruits, vegetable oils should be used to improve the process of bile secretion. If the patient feels normal, he is not worried about pain, he can expand the menu.
4 to 6 months
4 to 6 months after removal operation gall bladder in some patients, the gastrointestinal tract begins to function normally, but it still needs to be supported by a diet. It is during this period that weight decreases, which is often gained by patients after laparoscopy. But such results are only possible with proper adherence to diet.
One year after surgery
Many patients are interested in: how much to diet after gallbladder removal? In a year in most cases, the process of digestion come back to normal, but the table №5 is recommended by doctors for 2 years, which is necessary for full consolidation of the result. However, the op after this time no need to jump back to his former diet. It is desirable to continue to avoid harmful products, cook meals for a couple or boil them in water. This will help to avoid exacerbations and forget about the absence of an important organ.
The table shows the products allowed for use after removal gallbladder, indicating nutritional value (at the rate of 100 g).
|Food||Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g||Caloric content, kcal|
|Vegetables and greens|
|Nuts and and porridge||4,5||2,3||25,0||132|
|Bakery and pasta products|
|bread with bran||7.5||1,3||45,2||227|
|whole grain bread||10.1||2,3||57.1||295|
|Meat and sausage products products|
|boiled sausage diet||12,1||13.5||0,0||170|
|boiled milk sausage||11.7||22,8||0,0||252|
|chicken breast boiled||29,8||1,8||0.5||137|
|chicken drumstick boiled||27,0||5,6||0,0||158|
|Turkey fillet boiled||25,0||1.0||–||130|
|cottage cheese 1%||16,3||1.0||1,3||79|
|hard boiled chicken eggs||12.9||11.6||0.8||160|
|Fats and oils|
The table shows the products prohibited for use after surgery to remove the gallbladder.
|Food||Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g||Calorie, kcal|
|Vegetables and greens|
|vegetables and bakery products|
|Confectionery and other sweets|
|cream 35% (fatty)||2.5||35,0||3.0||337|
|Meat products and sausages|
|Fish and soda||0,0||0,0||0,0||–|
In Addition, mayonnaise and all kinds of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Approximate menu for the week
Below is a sample menu by day, which should be followed during the diet after surgery to remove the gallbladder:
- Breakfast: rice porridge with milk, cottage cheese, coffee.
- Second Breakfast: baked apples.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, vermicelli, steam cutlet, tea.
- afternoon Snack: berry jelly.
- Dinner: boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea.
- Breakfast: oatmeal milk porridge, cottage cheese casserole, tea.
- lunch: oranges, yogurt.
- Lunch: soup, noodles, beef Stroganoff, stewed fruit.
- afternoon Snack: rice pudding with rusks.
- Dinner: stuffed cabbage, boiled beet, tea.
- Breakfast: corn porridge, chicken pate, slice of bread, coffee.
- Second Breakfast: bran, cucumber, tea.
- Lunch: vegetable soup,boiled meat, compote.
- Snack: cottage cheese pancakes with sour cream, fresh.
- Dinner: rice with prunes, tea.
- Breakfast: porridge with milk, meat souffle, coffee.
- Second Breakfast: natural yogurt without fillers, tea.
- Lunch: soup based on vegetables, cauliflower gratin, meat patties, juice.
- Afternoon tea: jujube, fermented baked milk.
- Dinner: mashed potatoes, boiled fish, tea.
- Breakfast: pilaf with vegetables, steamed meat patties, coffee.
- Second Breakfast: baked pears, curd.
- Lunch: soup on vegetable broth, meat meatballs, compote.
- afternoon Snack: crackers with jam, fresh.
- Dinner: baked fish, rice, tea.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, low-fat hard cheese, tea.
- Second Breakfast: baked apples, cottage cheese.
- Lunch: vegetable stew chicken meatballs, dried fruit compote.
- Snack: app cookies, kissel.
- Dinner: cauliflower stew, banana, tea.
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, steam omelet.
- Second Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, boiled meat, broth of wild rose.
- afternoon Snack: beet salad, compote.
- Dinner: carrot puree, fish meatballs.
One serving should not contain more than 400 g products. The most caloric should be Breakfast and lunch.
Guided by diet #5 after surgery to remove the gallbladder, you can use the following recipes.
Egg white omelet
To prepare a dish, use the following ingredients:
- egg whites – 3 PCs.;
- milk – 25 g;
- butter, salt.
Recipe for dietary protein omelet:
- Beat the whites with a pinch of salt and milk.
- If you make an omelette on pair impossible, is to use a conventional pan. Melt a little butter, pour the protein mass, cover with a lid.
- Simmer over low heat until ready.
Vegetable soup with oatmeal
For preparation you will need:
- potatoes – 200 g;
- oatmeal (flakes can be used) – 2 tbsp;
- onions and carrots – 1 PC.;
- vegetable oil, salt.
Cooking soup is simple:
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- Pour water (0.5 l) and put cook.
- When they are half ready, add oatmeal. Salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil at the end.
To prepare fish cutlets are used such products:
- fish fillet – 200 g;
- milk – 2 tbsp;
- bread -1 slice;
- egg -1 protein;
Recipe for cooking fish cutlets:
- Soak bread in milk for a few minutes. Then squeeze.
- grind the Fish in a blender. Mix with bread.
- Add the egg, salt and mix well.
- to Form patties, boil for a couple or bake in the oven.
In the book of diets you can find even more options of dishes that are allowed to include in menu after surgery to remove the gallbladder.