Many have heard about the role of carbohydrates in the human body. It is known that they contribute to the set of excess body weight, so many nutritionists advise to exclude them from the diet or limit consumption. However, in this case we are talking about simple carbohydrates. They are the companions of excess weight. Another thing, complex carbohydrates, which are not just possible, and even need to be introduced into the diet.
What are complex carbohydrates?
Complex or slow carbohydrates (polysaccharides) – important components of proper nutrition. The human body absorbs them slowly, so there is weight loss. Complex carbohydrates improve digestion and gradually increase blood glucose levels. They contain many of the food products.
Complex (slow) carbohydrates are divided into several types:
- Starch – consists of numerous glucose molecules, soluble in water, does not lead to bloating, it is contained in different food products (rice, potatoes, pasta, buckwheat and others).
- Fiber – not digested, prevents cancer, diabetes, lowers cholesterol and has other positive effects on the human body, this complex carbohydrate is included in whole grains, apples, kiwi, grapes, nuts, vegetables and herbs.
- Glycogen is a slow carbohydrate serving as a backup energy storage, it is part of the fish, liver, beef heart.
- Pectin is another polysaccharide, absorbs toxins and other harmful substances, and then removes them from the body, is part of the root crops, cucumbers, cherries and other products.
Complex carbohydrates do not lead to a strong rise and decrease in insulin in the blood, practically insoluble in water, break down into simple carbohydrates, contribute to weight loss.
List of products with complex carbohydrates
For weight loss it is recommended to reconsider your diet, enter into the diet of purges with a high content of complex and insignificant amounts of simple carbohydrates. This will help not only to get rid of fat, but also to improve the body.
List of foods that contain large amounts of slow carbs (polysaccharides):
- vegetables and greens – tomatoes, lettuce, leeks, zucchini, celery, spinach, cabbage;
- berries and fruits – peach, kiwi, Apple, Fig, cherry;
- cereals – buckwheat, oats, wheat, brown rice;
- legumes and grains – coarse bread, whole grain pasta, barley flakes, peas beans, lentils.
Among drinks, tomato juice is the record holder for the content of this type of carbohydrate. Also as a snack suitable vegetable cocktails.
Note! Allowed weight loss consumption of dairy products, because they contain calcium required by the body. However, do not enter them into the diet in large quantities, because they consist of simple carbohydrates (glucose and galactose).
Above are only the basic foods with slow carbohydrates that should be included in the diet when making a diet for weight loss.
Table of complex carbohydrates
Weight loss table contains a list of basic foods with an accurate indication of the complex carbohydrates that make up them.
|Category||Products||Contents complex carbohydrates in 100 g of product|
|Fruits and bread||53.4|
To maintain normal functioning of the body, you need to consume about 5 g of complex carbohydrates per day at the rate of 1 kg of weight. When a person is engaged in sports at the same time, 5 g of complex carbohydrates per 1 kg of body weight is enough for weight loss per day.
Slow carbs benefit the human body:
- Act as an energy source. When reducing carbohydrates in the diet with weight loss occurs starvation of brain cells. As a result, a person becomes inattentive, scattered, disturbed his brain activity. Therefore, experts recommend that when losing weight be sure to include in your diet foods high in polysaccharides. If you add slow carbohydrates to the menu, it will become easier to do sports, because the body will be easier to withstand physical activity.
- Accelerate metabolism in the body. With a sharp reduction in complex carbohydrates increases the formation of prolactin and cortisol. As for the thyroid gland, it dramatically reduces its activity. As a result, a person faces fatigue, swelling, bad mood, feeling depressed. Weight loss in this state is impossible. If you enter into the diet of foods with glycogen, fiber and other slow carbohydrates, the state will improve significantly, the process of weight loss will begin.
- Restore digestion. If you regularly eat foods high in fiber, you can get rid of constipation. In addition, vitamins will be absorbed faster. Fiber products not only restore digestion, but also promote weight loss.
- Complex carbohydrates (glycogen, fiber, etc.) help to satisfy hunger faster, as a result of which a person will eat less number of products. Fast saturation plays a significant role in weight loss.
Thus, complex carbohydrates make an invaluable contribution to the development and proper functioning of the whole body, as well as contribute to weight loss.
The Role of complex carbohydrates for weight loss
Usually nutritionists recommend their patients to achieve weight loss by reducing the amount of foods with simple carbohydrates from the diet. However, to be precise, it is necessary to increase the polysaccharides. They contribute to the active breakdown of fats, because they require a lot of energy for processing. The greatest efficiency with proper nutrition will be obtained if you exercise at the same time.
A Significant role of complex carbohydrates in weight loss is the rapid saturation of the body. And the feeling of hunger disappears for a long time, and this avoids snacking. As for simple carbohydrates (glucose, fructose and others), they only temporarily saturate. This contributes to the fact that a person soon after a meal feels hungry.
At weight loss, the benefit of polysaccharides will be only when the glycemic index (GI) of products is taken into account, which means the rate of splitting carbohydrates in the body and affects the production of insulin. The lower it is, the healthier the food. Thus, the greatest benefit is provided by products with low GI and high content of polysaccharides. Towards them include cabbage, lentils, cherries, green peppers, broccoli, eggplants and others.
Products with high GI (more than 65) are unsafe for the figure. These include semolina, sugar, pineapple, wheat flour, marmalade and others. Therefore, it is not recommended to use them during the diet.