Each of us with childhood familiar with an excellent aroma and taste cocoa. It would seem that the drink of cocoa powder is quite high in calories (at least, caloric coffee and tea), but, nevertheless, under certain conditions, it can be used even on a diet. There is even a special diet, which is based on the use of chocolate, through which you can achieve good results. Read more about all this in article.
Cocoa: benefit or harm?
Cocoa beans, which are raw materials for cocoa powder, butter and chocolate, contain a large number of valuable nutrients:
- First of all, it should be noted the huge content of antioxidants that slow down the aging of cells and protect our body from malignant tumors and vascular and heart diseases.
- Magnesium, also present in the beans, has a beneficial effect on the heart.
- Caffeine – gives energy and vitality.
- Serotonin, theobromine and phenylethylamine are substances that lift mood and bring a sense of vivacity, joy and satisfaction.
- Polyphenols – thanks to them, the body is long will not feel famine.
- Vitamins A, E, PP, B3 and B6
- Calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, potassium and folic acid.
As for the fat content, 100 grams of cocoa powder contains only 15 grams. Carbohydrates - 10 times less, therefore, being not a high-carbohydrate product, cocoa helps in the fight against excess weight. Most of it consists of proteins and dietary fibers, which already indicates a great dietary benefit.
Also highlight the following useful properties cocoa:
- Improves cerebral circulation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Restores muscles after heavy sports training
- Good for skin
Despite the abundance of positive properties, cocoa can still harm the body due to the following disadvantages:
- the Content of caffeine in it. In fact, it is small and is only 0.2%, but this the issue is still the subject of debate among scientists.
- Unsanitary conditions. In cocoa-producing countries, there are problems with good sanitation.
- Harm due to chemicals. Plants on large plantations are heavily irrigated with fertilizers containing pesticides.
- Allergy. Chitin, which can get into the finished cocoa product because of insects living in beans, often causes some people a strong allergic reaction. reaction. In this case, the use of cocoa is better to refuse.
It is Worth noting that the disadvantages are associated for the most part not with the cocoa beans themselves, but with various harmful substances that can enter the product during production.
Is it Possible to use cocoa on a diet
First note that for weight watchers there is a big difference between cocoa powder, cocoa drink and chocolate.
Cocoa powder without added sugar and flavor enhancers ("Golden label", for example), contains about 300 kcal per 100 g. In 1 teaspoon 9-10 g powder, that is 30 kcal. Without sugar, milk and other additives, a glass of this drink will cost only 60-90 kcal. In
Fat-Free cocoa powder (up to 12%) is allowed on the Dukan diet, starting with the "Alternation" phase, but not more than 1 teaspoon.
But the "Nesquik" and similar sweets contain about 400 kcal per 100 g of dry product and no proteins. In fact, there is only 17% of the natural product, and everything else - sugar, salt and flavors, so a Cup of "Nesquik" is identical to 1-2 sweets.
About chocolate on Alphabet Diets there is separate article, so will answer only on basic questions:
- bitter chocolate as many calories as any other - about 550,
- use them give bitter cocoa beans, and the taste - sugar and flavors, cocoa beans themselves are bitter. If you want to eat sweet without harming the figure, pay attention to the fruit or drink cocoa with a sugar substitute,
- chocolate quickly raises mood and attaches forces mostly from-for sugar, which acts, as other stimulants: soon you wanted still.
Also there is chocolate diet, but it refers to extreme and contrary to the rules of a healthy diet.
Should I eat cocoa on a diet? Yes, but best of all - not inside, but outside. For example, in oil wraps cocoa.
Cocoa Butter: useful properties
Cocoa butter is a fat that is obtained from beans. Oil is used mainly for cosmetic and medical purposes, because it softens the skin and has a number of medicinal properties:
- pain Reliever
- anti-Inflammatory, healing
Cocoa butter contains caffeine, oleic acid, triglycerides, vitamins A and E, tannins and minerals. Thanks to the useful properties of the product, you can also eliminate skin pigmentation, strengthen the structure of the hair from the inside, prevent the appearance of stretch marks on the body and improve the nervous system.
Anti-Cellulite wraps have recently become fashionable, and one of the known similar ways to find a slim body is wrapping with cocoa. The procedure is quite pleasant, and its essence is to apply a special chocolate composition to the problem areas of the body.
The Benefits of chocolate body wraps
A Similar procedure with regular use of great benefit, not only the body but the whole body. Here are the main useful properties:
- Effective anti-cellulite action
- Treatment of acne, pigmentation
- skin Improvement
- Normalization of metabolism
- Decrease excess weight in the post-Natal period
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system
How to do at home
Recipe preparations cocoa-a mixture enough is simple:
- First you have to prepare mix: 200 grams of cocoa powder pour hot milk (but not brought to a boil!), mix well and let it cool to room temperature.
- When the mixture starts to cool, at this time you need to take a bath in order to steam the skin. You can use a scrub.
- After bath, apply mixture to problem areas and wrap with cling film. The film should not squeeze the body.
- on Top of the film wrap a scarf or just lie under a warm blanket. The procedure lasts a maximum of 40 minutes.
- When finished, remove the film with the mixture and take a warm shower. On the body, then apply an anti-cellulite cream. It is recommended to do chocolate body wraps for three consecutive days, and a total of not less than 10 times.
Irina, 40 years. Did wraps with cocoa, and also masks from chocolate and kelp. The effect of this is good. Skin on his stomach has become more elastic, disappeared swelling of the face. It is a good option to get rid of cellulite.
Valentina, 46 years old. Think of cocoa diet when you can eat! Generally diet with this product is one of the best if not allergic to cocoa and I want to lose weight up to 5 kg. I alternated fruit and chocolate diet. Result: dropped from 79 to 65 kg.
Natalia, 32 year. Three months of diet and eventually lost 12 kg! It's been six months, but I did not recover, it is very happy. Wraps not've tried.