A Calorie is a unit of heat energy. When the body with food receives more calories than it has time to spend, the energy accumulates in the form of fat.
It turns Out to start losing weight, you need to create a calorie deficit: to spend more than to consume. But how to determine the daily rate of calories for weight loss? From the point of view of nutritionists, the most correct formula to calculate the required calorie taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism, is the formula Mifflin – Saint Geor.
Mifflin – Saint Geor Formula
photo Source: pixabay.com
Here Is a formula that helps to calculate the daily calorie intake based on weight, height, age and degree of activity of a particular person:
Ratio activity A varies in five categories:
- A = 1,2 (sedentary lifestyle, minimum loads at home).
- A = 1,4 (not too intense load for 30 minutes 3-4 times in week.)
- A = 1.55 (average loads for 40-50 minutes 5-6 times a week).
- A = 1,73 (daily high intensity loads lasting at least an hour).
- A = 1.9 (the maximum activity can only be in people who every day are engaged in energy-intensive sports at a professional level, or representatives of such professions as loader, miner and etc.).
- Calorie tables
- Consumption of calories in different types of activities
- Counting calories will not help: scientists have found that not all calories are the same
photo Source: pxhere.com
Calculation for a 35-year-old male with a weight of 110 kg, height of 180 cm and a degree of activity equal to 1.4:
(10 x 110 + 6.25 x 180 – 5 x 35 + 5) x 1.4= 2055 x 1.4 = 2877
Calculation for a 40-year-old woman with a weight of 80 kg, height of 160 cm and a degree of physical activity equal to 1.55:
(10 x 80 + 6.25 x 160 – 5 x 40 – 161) x 1.55 = 1439 x 1.55 = 2230
If you start to lose weight according to these calculations, the weight will go slowly, but steadily. If you want to achieve the goal in a shorter time, then about 250 kcal should be subtracted from the result. However, it is not necessary to cut the caloric intake even more, otherwise it will introduce the body into a state of shock and provoke a slowdown in metabolism. As a result, all the lost weight will return.
Now you know how many calories you need it is necessary to consume in order to lose weight. Enough for 3-4 weeks to calculate your menu. And to diversify your diet, use recipes succulent salads based on green and the recipes are the best the best fat-burning drinks .