Basil is famous as a culinary seasoning. Its unique flavor gives interesting taste of a variety of hot dishes and salads. However, this beautiful plant also has incredibly useful properties that can rightly be called a medicinal herb. This name combines more than 35 species of perennial and annual herbs and shrubs. They all come from the tropics. in Addition, some varieties also grow in moderately warm areas of the continent, mainly in Asia. In Uzbekistan, this culture is more known under the name "Rayhan". In Armenia and southern Russia it is called "Regan".
Herbs that are combined by the name "Basil" contain a large amount of nutrients. Regan contains in its composition 3 % protein, 1 % fat, a large amount of fiber and ash.
Their chemical composition is truly unique. This culture does not contain too many vitamins, among which:
- b vitamins – Riboflavin, thiamine, Pantothenic and folic acid, pyridoxine, choline, Niacin;
- beta-carotene or vitamin A;
- carotene or provitamin A;
- ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C;
- tocopherol or vitamin E;
- phylloquinone or vitamin K;
- nicotinic acid or vitamin PP.
This culture is a real storehouse of macronutrients.
W Basil contains large amounts of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, calcium. Trace elements are iron, copper, magnesium and manganese.
Also in Raykhon in large quantities contain useful glycosides, tannins, saponins. Essential oil, which is present in this product in a large enough volume (to 1.5 %), contains merhavia, eugenol, linalol, cineol, aciman, camphor.
Fresh Basil it belongs to the number of low-calorie products. This figure is only 27 kcal per 100 g of plant.
All varieties this grass, and violet, and lemon, and green, – incredibly useful plants that are successfully used in various branches of medicine.
- As an antimicrobial agent is used infusion of herbs. It is used for colds for gargling, when inflammation of the gums or other problems with the oral cavity, also it is able to freshen breath. This infusion can have a disinfectant effect on the wound, if it is used as lotions.
- the Plant has a diuretic effect. For this reason, it is used to treat dysfunction of the genitourinary system. Simple use as a culinary seasoning has a positive effect on the work of urinary organs.
- This culture contains substances, the action of which allows to treat this plant as a natural antibiotic, which allows to treat diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, not only a cold, but also asthma and tuberculosis. Many believe that it also helps with all sorts of viral infections.
- based On the Basilica has been successfully created drugs that help to relieve inflammation of the joints.
- This plant has a beneficial effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, removing the problem of colitis, increased flatulence. Also, this herb has a wound-healing effect in gastritis.
- the Influence of Rayhon on the Central nervous system is ensured by the high content of camphor oil. Because of this leveled the heart rhythm, heart spasms removed with neurotic reasons. It also stabilizes the work in the respiratory and cardiac centers of the brain.
- the Presence of high content of antioxidants it allows the use of Regan for the prevention of cancer.
- Infusion from this culture restores physical and mental potential, relieving tension of the brain and Central nervous system.
- the Presence of a sufficiently large amount of vitamins C and P has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, strengthening the walls of blood vessels and making them much more elastic.
- a Large amount of vitamin A has a positive effect on the organs views.
- the Condition of the skin is noticeably improved by eating Basil thanks to vitamin A.
Incredibly expressed properties raykhona as an aphrodisiac. In many traditional cultures of the East it was considered a plant of love and was a symbol of unity of the male and female principles. For example, in Romania in wedding traditions there is a ceremony of giving the bride to the groom of a branch of Raykhon.
The spicy smell of this plant promotes acceleration of blood flow. This, in turn, is stimulating and enhances erection.
Regular consumption of Basil by men can have a positive effect on potency.
This herb is also useful for women, because the antispasmodic effect of Basil helps to reduce pain during menstruation.
How to use this culture for medical purposes
The Use of this herb is relevant for a variety of diseases'.
- tea made from Basil leaves and cardamom grains will help to Relieve fever in case of cold. To improve the taste of the drink, you can use milk and sugar. Antipyretic effect, the effect of which is expressed much more clearly, has fresh juice.
- When coughing of various origins, as well as asthma and bronchitis, it is recommended to take a decoction of Basil leaves with ginger and honey. If you add soda, then drink can be used for the treatment of influenza.
- Tincture of leaves of this culture, steamed with boiling water and infused for several hours, helps with various dermatological diseases. It can be used for acne, ringworm. The same tincture relieves inflammation of the eyes.
It Should be noted that all the beneficial properties of the fresh plant are preserved in the dried Basil. For this reason, it is equally advisable to use as fresh, like dried grass.
Application for weight loss
In dietetics, Basil seeds are considered a very valuable product that allows you to achieve the desired results and make the figure slim and beautiful.
The use of Basil seeds removes cholesterol and accelerates metabolism, which, in turn, causes excess fat to leave the waist and thighs.
The Oil derived from this crop is an incredibly valuable product, which is equally well used in medicine and cosmetology. This oil is a colorless liquid, sometimes – with a slight yellowish tint, which is characterized by a pleasant, somewhat sweet smell.
The highest content of oils can boast of the leaves of this culture.
Possible harm and contraindications
Like every plant that has pronounced medicinal properties, the use of Basil has some contraindications. Among them:
- Diseases provoking venous dilation.
- Heart disease, such as heart attack or stroke, ischemic diseases.
- epileptic seizures In the past. If they ever took place, with the use of this plant should be extremely careful.
- Problems related to blood clotting.
- Lowered pressure.
Do Not use it also for pregnant women and nursing mothers, because the high content of essential oil can have a negative impact on the child.
In any case, the use of Basil should not become a daily habit. The fact that its constant use in large quantities contributes to the accumulation of mercury in the body. It will be enough to use it only for medicinal purposes or two or three times a week refresh it with the usual taste of traditional dishes.
There are quite a number of Regan varieties, both traditional and hybrid. It is used not only for food or for medical purposes, but also as a decorative plant.
For example, if you plant a number of varieties, say, green and purple, or red, you can achieve an interesting effect on flowerbed.
The most famous variety of decorative culture, which, however, can also be successfully used in cooking, is "Moulin Rouge". It is distinguished by bright red leaves with a glossy surface, as well as a soft and delicate taste.
Sort of "we'll give" belongs to the hybrid. Its aroma is different from the traditional smell of this plant. The leaves growing on it, quite small, green. It is used mainly in the Eastern kitchen.
"Lemon" is incredibly beautiful bright green leaves. It has the smell of lemon. Actually, thanks to this it got its name.
Sort "Balkonstar" belongs to the number of mainly culinary. It has a pleasant aroma and excellent taste. Its flowers are pale white.
"Genoese Basil" is also mainly a culinary variety. It has large leaves of dark green color and has excellent taste qualities.