Antioxidants regulate metabolism in the human body. To get energy for life, our cells every second oxidize lipids (fats), proteins (proteins) and nucleic acids. In the process, so – called free radicals-highly active oxygen molecules-are formed. They perform an important function – eliminate dead cells, fight bacteria and viruses.
However, the excess of free radicals can speed up the process aging cells, and cause some diseases, such as gastric ulcer, coronary heart disease, malignancy. Antioxidants are able to regulate the amount of free radicals, leaving their level safe for the human body. Food is a major source of antioxidants for health.Antioxidants: benefits
Antioxidants are extremely beneficial not only for our health but also for our beauty.
- Studies by the National Institute Of Obesity in the United States have shown that people who consume at least 2 servings of antioxidant-rich foods per day are less susceptible to weight gain with age, and are virtually immune to disease, associated with a decrease in immunity.
- And among those who lost more than 15 kg of weight and were able to hold the result for more than 3 years, 9 respondents out of 10 regularly consumed vegetables and fruits rich in natural antioxidants.
Doctors of aesthetic medicine have long proved that antioxidants artificially introduced into the skin cell can slow down the aging process of the cell, increase skin elasticity, prevent early wrinkles. Therefore, from foods rich in antioxidant, prepare creams and serums with anti-aging effect. It is known, and that antioxidants affect fluid metabolism in cells, and thus are able to reduce the visible manifestations cellulite, so they can be found in appropriate creams.
Antioxidants in food
Most powerful antioxidants in food – anthocyanins and flavonoids. They are found in brightly colored vegetables and fruits, mainly red, orange and red-violet colors.
- the Best source of anthocyanins and flavonoids is pomegranate juice.
- Rich in antioxidants and red grapes the juice out of it and dry red wine.
- Blueberries, black currants, blackberries and blueberries retain their antioxidant properties even in frozen form, but fruit preserves and compotes can not be considered a good resource – most antioxidants are destroyed during cooking.
- Apples winter varieties, especially in combination with chokeberry – an excellent source of nutrients in winter.
- Well help and citrus fruit.
- do Not lag behind them and such a product as sauerkraut.
There is a diet that allows you to feel the benefits of antioxidants on yourself, and lose a few pounds in a short time. All vegetables and fruits in this diet are eaten raw, and it should be supplemented with cardio exercises in the fresh air – walking, running, swimming and Cycling. The perfect time to stock up antioxidants in our latitudes – mid-July – early September, when you can eat fresh berries and fruits.
Antioxidant diet Menu
• Breakfast: 200 g of black currants, blueberries or blueberries, 1 dessert spoon of yogurt and 200 ml of low-fat kefir, beat with a blender, drink a cocktail immediately.
• Second Breakfast: grate a large red Apple, add chopped bell pepper and season with a tablespoon of wine vinegar. Cup green tea.
• Lunch: beet and Apple salad, chicken, fish or tofu. 150 ml pomegranate juice or red grape juice.
• Snack: a portion of red berries with yogurt, 150 ml of orange juice.
• Dinner: a glass of red wine, a portion of lean meat, a salad of fresh tomatoes and bell peppers.
It has been Proven and antioxidant properties of green tea, carcade and cocoa. And if the latter is not too combined with a diet for weight loss, first you can drink as much as you want.
Consult your doctor and take Allergy tests before increasing the proportion of antioxidants in your diet. But even if you are medically unable to eat fruits and berries, probably sauerkraut will not harm you, so that your version of the menu, rich in natural antioxidants, can make every person.
Fitness trainer Elena Selivanova – especially for http://www.AzbukaDiet.ru/.