Anise is a spice that came to us from ancient times. It is called star because of his resemblance with a star. In Ancient Rome, it was actively used in the preparation of various dishes. It is in this state that this plant was cultivated and began to grow specially. In addition to culinary applications, it was used in dried form for relaxation and sleep improvement. every era spice became more valuable and cost a lot of money. Today anise affordable, but still valuable in medicine, cooking and cosmetology.
The Composition of spices
The Popularity and value of the plant is due to its rich composition. It is rich in vitamin C, so 100 g of seeds fill the body with 20 g of ascorbic acid. It is also a storehouse of the whole spectrum of b Vitamins. Folic acid and fiber are another valuable components.
Among the minerals, potassium stands out – 1440 mg per 100 g. in Addition, the spice is rich in calcium (640 mg), phosphorus (440 mg), magnesium (170 mg), iron (37 mg) and sodium (16 mg).
Anis is a very nutritious spice. It has 338 kcal per 100 g. However, such a large number is not so terrible. 100 g is a very large number of seeds. Typically, only a small proportion is used.
Nutritional value of plants is as follows: the share of protein has 17 grams of fat – 16, carbs – 35 g.
Fruits and seeds are what are valued most in star grass. All sorts of decoctions, tinctures are obtained from these components. Not far behind in efficiency and essential oil, which successfully copes with diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Anise without exaggeration can be called therapeutic and useful spice. It is in medicine that it has found its widest application. It is even added to some medications to simply improve their taste. But a healthy person a small portion of the plant will add appetite.
Like all herbs and spices, this one also has its contraindications. Its use is excluded during pregnancy, as well as children under 12 years.
It is also Prohibited for people suffering from chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or having peptic ulcer.
Rich medicinal properties led to the active use of plants for medical purposes. Anise affects the following organs and systems of the body:
- work of muscles and joints;
- upper and lower Airways;
- gastrointestinal tract;
If you do not forget about the contraindications, spice can become an active fighter against many diseases.
- the Plant is able to fight temperature and cough of different origin. Its oil is even a component of syrups and cough drops. Also in the fight with cough effective and broth. Not only a slight cough, but also such serious diseases as bronchitis, asthma and pneumonia, is capable of to cure anise. And for normalization of the hoarse voice it is necessary to drink anise broth with honey.
- Seeds as a decoction well affect the abdominal organs, in particular, the liver and pancreas. And for the gastrointestinal tract – it's just a godsend. The plant has a laxative effect, improves bowel function and promotes the release of gastric juice.
- In gynecology, it adjusts the menstrual cycle, making it regular and painless. And if nursing mothers have little milk, these concoctions can guarantee the tide.
- Burns will pass quickly if you make compresses of essential oil with egg white. The work of the cardiovascular system will improve with the use of decoction from the roots of the plant.
- Useful properties have a positive effect on neuralgia. Depression, headaches and stress will be held with the regular introduction in the diet of anise decoctions and teas.
Cosmetic the use of
In cosmetology anise is used as an essential oil. It's a seed extract. The condition of the skin improves if it is lubricated with oil. It leaves no greasy residue, is completely absorbed into the skin and nourishes it from the inside. It is recommended to use this tool for middle-aged women who have small, not very deep wrinkles. The plant has such properties that can smooth out wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin.
Anise for weight loss
Do Not be skeptical about this plant to those who want to lose weight. Many consider it too high in calories, so not able to fight the extra pounds. Seeds help to stand out the gastric juice, which means that the food will be digested faster. Just do not forget that this spice improves appetite, so it is necessary to develop willpower to bring yourself only benefit, and not to harm even more.
In Addition to medicine, cosmetology and cooking, anise is used for magical purposes. This was one of the first uses of this spice in ancient times. It is believed that this plant has protective properties and is able to purify a person. To get rid of negative thoughts, you need to make a bath with the addition of essential oil of the plant. This bath will not only relieve depression, but also create a protective aura.
That defense has always been with a man, make special natural necklaces made of anise fruits, lavender, nutmeg, beans. It is believed that such a necklace can protect against damage, evil eye, slander. In addition, this plant improves sleep and fights nightmares – just put under the pillow of his dried twig.
If aniseed oil is actively used in cosmetology and seeds – in medicine, aniseed tea is a universal remedy. Possessing rich in properties, it becomes both a way of getting rid of illnesses, and just a means for relaxation.
The easiest way to make tea is to pour a glass of boiling water 1 teaspoon of seeds. Infuse the liquid for about 10 minutes. After that, you can strain and drink. To enhance the taste, you can add honey. This tea is great to relax. And if you have cough or digestive problems, you can drink four or five glasses a day.
And if you add to the tea leaves 1 teaspoon of cumin and fennel, improves taste and triples the benefit of the drink.