If a hernia of the esophagus is a given of your body, then it will not be possible to cure it with diets, medicines, herbs and tinctures. The only way to get rid of it is surgery. But as this nuisance appears in person not once, respectively, there are causes which create the conditions of its formation. The reasons are different. For example, high pressure in the gastrointestinal tract, which affects the walls of the esophagus, respectively, are formed by mechanical injury of the latter. Or frequent chronic constipation and intestinal obstruction.
That is, as the doctors say, it is necessary to treat not a consequence and a cause. It was at this time a hernia of the esophagus, or rather its condition, it is necessary to adjust the various diets. We add that in the process of adjustment it is necessary to remove from the diet products that cause irritation of the mucous membrane.
Power when the hernia of the esophagus
What to look for special attention:
- Drinks containing gas should be completely excluded from the menu. This is not only soda, but also mineral water with gas and champagne.
- Yeast flour products and bakery products reduce in consumption, and in some cases it is best to give up completely.
- we can also include legumes, nuts, seeds, and even bran.
- Priplyusuem apples, fresh and sauerkraut, citrus, beets and sour berries. Pickles, pickles also can not use.
- Add sausage, fat, sausages, fried meat and fried potatoes, as well as coarse porridge.
As you can see, the diet for esophageal hernia is quite tough, a large number of products are canceled, which means that the menu is sharply reduced to a minimum. To be honest, this is just a small list of what should not be eaten with a hernia of the esophagus. The list is quite extensive, because the basis total food – are products that have an enveloping effect. They must become the tool that normalizes the process of digestion. And this is the absence of constipation, to which the applied diet aspires.
What can I eat with a herniated esophagus
- Any porridge except rice. They are necessarily boiled with the addition of a larger volume of water, about one and a half times. Butter in small quantities is allowed to add, and here from sugar and seasonings should be abandoned, because the ingredients for the breakdown require more acid. This means that there will be a burp, which is undesirable for a hernia of the esophagus.
- the Use of dairy products in the diet is questionable, here the opinion of doctors differ radically. Someone recommends these products for use without any restrictions, someone, on the contrary, warns that they should be used at all must not.
- Chicken and fish should be present in the menu of the patient only boiled. It is especially recommended to make them minced, and then cook something steamed or boiled.
- The same applies to meat. It should be lean, scrolled. The best option is meatballs or steamed cutlets. Breadcrumbs, crackers and flour should not be used in this case.
- Soups only with puree.
- Fruits and vegetables. They can be used, but not in large quantities and in boiled form or as a puree. If it's apples and pears, the rind will have to get rid of, and it would be good to bake. By the way, such patients are prescribed bananas – a great menu, nourishing and sparing.
- And here is from tea and coffee need to will to abandon fully.
- In the postoperative period it is best to keep a liquid diet. Well suited. the broth, vegetables broth, weak soup.
So, a hernia of the esophagus is a serious disease that must be treated by an operating method. But in any case, diet – this is the right way to reduce the risk of disease. And if this disease still came, it is necessary to consult a doctor, to establish nutrition and preparing for surgery. As practice shows, it is not very difficult, so there is no reason to be afraid.